The online racing simulator
Charity event in Hong Kong with drifting
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeEOOld5_Y&eurl=

Quote :
It's an annual charity event in Hong Kong where celebrities do stunts like that to solicit donations. Even though it might seem a little bit ridiculous, the people from the Hong Kong Drift Club did a good job putting this together for a good cause.

In Hong Kong, those are the only occassions where drifting is legal. Drifting events are very difficult to organize because of permit/noise issues. It's sad. We are privileged to have so many drift events here in California.

copy from http://www.drifting.com/forums ... g-kong-with-drifting.html
Seems like Hong Kong is doing everything suddenly with events from the Asian Touring Car Series and hosting their own Hong Kong Touring Car Cup as well as pockets of Asian MotoBike and lower tier formulas. Next thing you know they'll be sponsoring a Hong Kong GP complemented by an Indy race and a NASCAR race :P

(A bit off topic I am curious about finding out more information about the ATCS or the HKTCC as I couldn't find anything substantial on these two series)
Quote from lizardfolk :Seems like Hong Kong is doing everything suddenly with events from the Asian Touring Car Series and hosting their own Hong Kong Touring Car Cup as well as pockets of Asian MotoBike and lower tier formulas. Next thing you know they'll be sponsoring a Hong Kong GP complemented by an Indy race and a NASCAR race :P

(A bit off topic I am curious about finding out more information about the ATCS or the HKTCC as I couldn't find anything substantial on these two series)

They are many people work in racing in HK, but no place for them, & govement always against them...
So....is the ATCS and the HKTCC in danger of being canceled because of the lack of government support?
#5 - JJ72
Quote from lizardfolk :Seems like Hong Kong is doing everything suddenly with events from the Asian Touring Car Series and hosting their own Hong Kong Touring Car Cup as well as pockets of Asian MotoBike and lower tier formulas. Next thing you know they'll be sponsoring a Hong Kong GP complemented by an Indy race and a NASCAR race :P

I LOLed.

The charity drift event is just hosted by some wannabe drifters and chavs.

Asian Touring Car Series - there's no Hong Kong round, cos we have no track.

Hong Kong Touring Car Cup - meh, just money waster for retired street racers, and it's not even in Hong Kong.

I dunno where can you find tier of lower formulas....the closest thing being pacific FBMW has currently no competitive hong kong racers.
Quote from JJ72 :I LOLed.

The charity drift event is just hosted by some wannabe drifters and chavs.

Asian Touring Car Series - there's no Hong Kong round, cos we have no track.

Hong Kong Touring Car Cup - meh, just money waster for retired street racers, and it's not even in Hong Kong.

I dunno where can you find tier of lower formulas....the closest thing being pacific FBMW has currently no competitive hong kong racers.

I was referring to the pacific FBMW, but I mixed up Hong Kong with Zhuhai :doh: :sorry:

Anyways anyone know anything about the ATCS? I'm very interested

What channel is this series usually on? I saw some great racing just accidentally catching a glimpse on the telly passing by a chinatown tv store. I couldn't find much information about it at all anyone know anything about it?

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
Quote from lizardfolk :I was referring to the pacific FBMW, but I mixed up Hong Kong with Zhuhai :doh: :sorry:

Anyways anyone know anything about the ATCS? I'm very interested

What channel is this series usually on? I saw some great racing just accidentally catching a glimpse on the telly passing by a chinatown tv store. I couldn't find much information about it at all anyone know anything about it?

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

The Kart GP Hong Kong was canceled because only 1 old man said the kart make him can't have a sleep at noon

The sports channle can watch F1,A1 & WTCC(on live), AFOS(not live), but it cost>HKD$300/month

1 free version TV provide a AFOS highlight in a sports program with very non-profession commentary

the other free was give a F1 live TV on free in the last half of 2008 season, they said they will still broadcast in 2009, but this TV station's strategy was always changh

no way to watch local race (include China) on TV in HK, but Pan Delta Suped Racing Festival is live on Zhuhai TV, it include MTCC, HTCC, Asia Formula Renault 2.0, Lotus + Radical + Atom Cup, China Super bike, & tuned car cup with made in China class & open class(They call it GT Class)
#8 - JJ72
Quote from lizardfolk :What channel is this series usually on? I saw some great racing just accidentally catching a glimpse on the telly passing by a chinatown tv store. I couldn't find much information about it at all anyone know anything about it?

youtube, unfortunately.

and very rarely on satellite TV, starsports asia etc.
I've always thought it was a pity that there are sooooooo many nicely modified cars in HK but with no place to drive them except illegally. And soooooo many cars are wearing nice rubber too. AD08s, D1 Direzzas, RE-01Rs... super-high-performance-street-tires are probably much cheaper there.

Once again... nice equipment with no legal place to use it. Nearest track is hours away in Zhuhai China right? Shame shame shame! That's probably why HKers flock to the track in droves once they're here in Canada!
#10 - JJ72
heheh true! In fact I am going to Zhuhai tomorrow (6 hours of travelling for 1 hour of actual driving!), would be nice if we have a track like anglesea in lantau island.
Oh, very nice! What are you driving? Is it a club event?

They should just turn Disneyland into a track...
Quote from Mattesa :Oh, very nice! What are you driving? Is it a club event?

They should just turn Disneyland into a track...

He will drive a Chinese car call Geely

Ya~~~ we think so, Disneyland in HK is always lost our $$$!
Geely!? Interesting...
Doesnt Chery and BYD also offer sports cars or performance cars that can compete in a performance based series like Touring Car and GT?
Quote from lizardfolk :Doesnt Chery and BYD also offer sports cars or performance cars that can compete in a performance based series like Touring Car and GT?

They have a concept sports car, but Geely had be join China Touring Car championship in 04-05, & their own touring car one make race & Formula series
#16 - JJ72
Quote from Mattesa :Geely!? Interesting...

with a toyota 1.6 DOHC motor.

back from the track and it was weird, I shared track with two GT3RS, 1 ferrari 360GT, a few china touring car racers and a bunch of civics/integras, all zoomed by without a hitch, haha.
Half the fun of a track day is seeing the cool cars... first in the rearview mirror, and then in front.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG