The online racing simulator
Iron Maiden - Heaven can Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiit
after that Wasted Years and the rest of the Best o' the Beast Album
Bong-Ra - Zumo De Mis Cojones Oscuros
Shipbuilding - (The Graham Coxon cover version)
Accept - Breaking Up Again
I had an idea.

Since we have quite a lot of people here who are interested in music: What would you think of some "official" votes where we find out the LFS forum's favourite instrument players/singers/bands/etc.? I know, there already haven been single votes but there was no nomination or anything beforehand and the poll options weren't objective.

I thought it would go like this for each category: I start a thread for nominations where everybody can nominate three people/bands. Nomination period is open for one week. After that, I create a thread with the 10 most nominated people/bands where you can vote in for 1 week. Then, the nomination for next category starts.

Now the categories: I thought of best guitar player, best drummer, best bass player (not sure if that one would create enough interest but I think it should be included), best singer (female) and best singer (male). After this, we should have our dream band but since we never will get that there will be another nomination/poll on (second) best band where bands who actually existed can be nominated. I'm not sure if that should be split up in different genres (maybe 3 different polls: rock+metal/pop/rap+hip hop). And in the very end maybe a "best song" poll.

So do you have any suggestions (additional categories, nomination/voting system, etc.) and is there even enough interest for something like that or is it another one of my stupid ideas?
Quote from zeugnimod :
I'm not sure if that should be split up in different genres (maybe 3 different polls: rock+metal/pop/rap+hip hop). And in the very end maybe a "best song" poll.

good idea for genres, but the categories should be rock/metal, pop, rap/hiphop, electronica/dance and 'other'
Dj Sparky - Rudolph the Hardcore Reindeer

rotterdam terror corps - christmas time
Lol, no it was not a bad idea at all, but I don't think people read the posts, so therfor no one noticed it since they thought it was just a song or something hehe
Quote from The Very End :Lol, no it was not a bad idea at all, but I don't think people read the posts, so therfor no one noticed it since they thought it was just a song or something hehe

I noticed it and I was just waiting for other people opinion/seeing how far would this go and then participating on it.
It really wasn't a bad idea at all.. go forward it
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Sash - Move Mania

Sash - Colour The World

Sash - La Primavera
Quote from zeugnimod :I had an idea.

Since we have quite a lot of people here who are interested in music: What would you think of some "official" votes where we find out the LFS forum's favourite instrument players/singers/bands/etc.? I know, there already haven been single votes but there was no nomination or anything beforehand and the poll options weren't objective.

I thought it would go like this for each category: I start a thread for nominations where everybody can nominate three people/bands. Nomination period is open for one week. After that, I create a thread with the 10 most nominated people/bands where you can vote in for 1 week. Then, the nomination for next category starts.

Now the categories: I thought of best guitar player, best drummer, best bass player (not sure if that one would create enough interest but I think it should be included), best singer (female) and best singer (male). After this, we should have our dream band but since we never will get that there will be another nomination/poll on (second) best band where bands who actually existed can be nominated. I'm not sure if that should be split up in different genres (maybe 3 different polls: rock+metal/pop/rap+hip hop). And in the very end maybe a "best song" poll.

So do you have any suggestions (additional categories, nomination/voting system, etc.) and is there even enough interest for something like that or is it another one of my stupid ideas?

Why not? Its a good idea IMO.

Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids
love Shpongle

Not Half - Chrome Lyre
Metronomy - My Heart Rate Rapid
Ceephax - Moor

Ceephax is the younger brother of the master of jazz-funk-electro-IDM, Squarepusher
Feeder - Seven Days in The Sun
Quote from mr_x :Radiohead - Paranoid Android

+10000000 The best song of Radiohead to my mind. I listened to the first songs of OK Computers 20 minutes ago, it's so great.

Now it is Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia

EDIT :
Quote from zeugnimod :Blahblahblahblahblah

blahblahblahblah

blahblahblah

blah

Good idea.
Venetian Snares - Children's Limbo
Pink - Sober
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread