The online racing simulator
Problem with G25 -- Dealbreaker
(10 posts, started )
treated myself to an early christmas present.. the G25

so im searching around.. stumble upon LFS.. download.. it all seems great untill..

I Try To Accelerate.

for starters, the accelerator pedal doesnt seem to do anything, the brake works fine, and the clutch seems to accelerate the car (well rev it insanely but with no increase in speed) however, if i just switch gears the car "automatically" picks up speed, albeit horribly slowly.

to sum up:

accelerate/clutch pedals the wrong way round..
the clutchcellerator doesnt even speed the car up
put off buying the full version due to this.

help the devs get £24

ooh.. forgot to mention.. pedals work fine in other titles such as rFactor, GRID, Test Drive Unlimited.
Sounds like your pedals are inverted. Did you set the wheel up within LFS? Options -> Steering
Quote from zeugnimod :Sounds like your pedals are inverted. Did you set the wheel up within LFS? Options -> Steering

right, well i played around with that and was about to post a few pictures..

seems things came screwed up out of the box lol.

anyway, it appears the accel wasnt assigned with the correct Axes, neither was the clutch, so with some fiddling around in that area i managed to set the correct axes to each pedal..

will post back to let any readers know how my first run with hopefully working setup went!

thanks a lot mate, amazingly fast reply

seems what i heard about the community wasn't wrong
everything works great!

I'm amazed with how real the wheel feels.. the weight of it is spot on, tyres pull on it properly!

I'm in love.. think im gonna go take a trip down Dev Payment lane

thanks for the help
You're welcome.
If you want to get the most realistic feeling out of the wheel here's what you do.

General FFB strength : 75%

Spring strength : 0%

Damper strength : 0%

and in LFS put the FFB strength to 25%.

Thats how I got my wheel to feel realistic, driving the lighter cars feels right and then you get in the BMW F1 you go WOAH! the thing requires some strength to turn.

I use a Driving force GT though, with the G25 you might need to either increase or decrease General FFB in the profiler. usualy anything between 75 and 105% works for most people.
#8 - TG44
General FFB strength : 105%

Spring strength : 0%

Damper strength : 0%

and in LFS put the FFB strength to 70%.

that's what i use... (720... = same irl and in game for all cars)
Quote from DragonCommando :usualy anything between 75 and 105% works for most people.

actually anything bewteen 101 and 105 or 110 is best... anything lower and you get muddled forces round the centre anything higher and you get exaggerated forces round the centre
Thats odd, because the DFGT seems to give the same forces no matter where the wheel is at 75%.

If you go anything higher with my wheel the caster steer is way too strong, I had it at 105% in profiler and 25% in LFS and the wheel wanted to pull out of my hands in some corners in the XRT.

I don't remember how strong the G25 is, but if you can run it at 75% in LFS and 105% and it feels realistic, it doesn't sound like it's as powerful as the DFGT.

My dad used to race road cars, and when he tried LFS with the settings at 105% in profiler and 25% in LFS he said the weight of the cars felt wrong. It was only untill I put the wheel down to 75% in profiler that he said it felt right.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG