The online racing simulator
Formula BMW
(37 posts, started )
Donington isn't so much under an airline route as it is part of the route. Those planes come in so low it's like they're planning on taxiing through the Kramer Curves!

I'm on record here recently about the lack of dynamic environments in sim racing already so I won't add more, I just wanted to say I wish you the very best as you move up through the formulas.
Very interesting to hear you impressions, I know there are many others that see it the same way.

Two other interesting discussions on tyre physics you might find interesting.

Tyre Physics - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17232
Objective tyre model / physics discussion thread.. - http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... t=4761&highlight=grip

I've always felt that there is something not quite right in how tyres regain grip once they have lost traction altogether which could make a difference to how easy hard it is to catch slides not withstanding that you can't feel forces. I think they have tried to overcome this in recent years by overcompesating in grip as Tristan states.

We see tyre deformation in LFS as being visually spectacular but it would be interesting to know if the contact patch simulation reflects this? I suspect some of the issue arises from the contact patch simulation, the too consistent virtual world and the too high variation in grip levels vs tyre temp (especially road tyres).
Maybe Scawen can hook us up with a realistic setup pack for the FBM from the V1 championship.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Maybe Scawen can hook us up with a realistic setup pack for the FBM from the V1 championship.

now that would be good , then its down to the driver not who can make the best setups
I also just found this thread through the other one...

Kekkart, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on the FBM.
#32 - SFL
What about the FFB? What settings do you find the most realistic?

I just got the G25 and i've been lowering the strength (in-game) more and more as i find situations that i feel is unrealistic.
Quote from kekkart :ill state this load and clear

LFS IS THE BEST _DRIVING SIMULATOR_ THAT I HAVE EVER DRIVEN SO FAR...

tried most of the others..

its the most realistic especially when it comes to the racing prospective...

and once again, im not saying the car is crap, but its always alot easier to point out the things that went wrong then the things that went right!

and about moving on, its a secret for a couple of weeks more but its bigger then fbmw ;p

though you did a bit of f3 this year?

im sure i can remember your name coming up while whatching one of the races on tv
Quote from james12s :though you did a bit of f3 this year?

im sure i can remember your name coming up while whatching one of the races on tv

The threads pretty old heh but yeah he's been racing in British F3 I told him about the revival of this thread :P I'm guessing he'll drop by some time soon :P.
lol grrrr didnt notice that

(me feels like real idiot)
:P Cool to see he's so popular
I dont want to make a new thread so I´ll ask here... few days ago I came across Nordschleife FB02 course and I was wondering how much does the formula cost... I´ve searched web a lot but havent found any info about price...as there are people who has real experience with this car I hope someone will know aproximate answer...
not that I am about to buy one...I am just curious and I really dont have a damn clue how much such a toy can cost

Formula BMW
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG