The online racing simulator
#1 - arco
Keeping an Insim Relay connection problem
Right, I activate Insim Relay at lfsworld for our servers, and it's all fine. Then I check a few hours later, or the next day, and it's all disabled. I activate them again, but some time later on they just goes disabled again. And so on. Servers are up and running just fine. What's wrong?
#2 - amp88
Quote from InSim.txt, LFS dedi install directory :

// MAINTAINING THE CONNECTION - IMPORTANT
// ==========================

// If InSim does not receive a packet for 70 seconds, it will close your connection.
// To open it again you would need to send another InSimInit packet.

// LFS will send a blank IS_TINY packet like this every 30 seconds :

// ReqI : 0
// SubT : TINY_NONE (keep alive packet)

// You should reply with a blank IS_TINY packet :

// ReqI : 0
// SubT : TINY_NONE (has no effect other than resetting the timeout)

// NOTE : If you want to request a reply from LFS to check the connection
// at any time, you can send this IS_TINY :

// ReqI : non-zero (returned in the reply)
// SubT : TINY_PING (request a TINY_REPLY)

// LFS will reply with this IS_TINY :

// ReqI : non-zero (as received in the request packet)
// SubT : TINY_REPLY (reply to ping)

Take a look at the InSim.txt file in the docs folder of your dedi host's install.
#3 - arco
Hmm, don't know much about that. All I do is activate Insim on lfsworld, so the remote viewer can be used. I would guess everything is taken care for after that. Servers hosted on 500servers btw.
#4 - arco
And now one of the servers relay status got set to disabled... 15 minutes after I activated it.
#5 - amp88
Ah, very sorry. I misread the original post. My first post was about an InSim program (e.g. LFS Lapper). Not about the InSim Relay. There is a note which may be of some use in the section of LFS World where you set up the relay:

Quote from InSim Relay Tab on LFS World :
NOTE:
If your host goes offline, the relay will try to reconnect 15 times before reporting it 'dead'. This allows you to restart your host without it being disabled here. Remember that if your host is down for a longer period, you will have to reactivate it here.

#6 - arco
Yeah, that's whats weird. Hosts haven't been down. If they were, it would say dead, but now it just says disabled, like it turns itself off.
I am having the same problem, servers also hosted by 500servers.
#8 - arco
Heh, now it's disabled again.
Hi guys,

If one of you can open a ticket for me on the 500servers control panel, I'll take a look into it.
#10 - arco
Done.

Seems to have held the connection ok for over a day now though.
I can tell you that I've experienced this issue for some time on my 500Severs as well.
Same here... It's gone again!
Hi Guys,

Looks like theres some port / settings confusions going on, Looking into it and will do what i can to get it sorted a.s.a.p
Ah good. Thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG