The online racing simulator
Peugeot/Citroen to buy Honda F1?
(11 posts, started )
If F1 cars had diesel engines, then it would have made some sense
Quote from NightShift :If F1 cars had diesel engines, then it would have made some sense

Why?

Are you saying Peugeot or Citroen doesnt know how to make motorsport competitive gas engines?

Quote from deggis :Which is good actually. WRC needs Citroen and Le Mans needs Peugeot more than F1 needs new backmarker with rebadged engines.

I agree
Quote from Eldanor :Why?

Are you saying Peugeot or Citroen doesnt know how to make motorsport competitive gas engines?

I agree

no, But I think PSA & VW will feel more happy with a Desiel engine
Well if there is to be no Pug, what about Citroen? They've always been an innovative company with some remarkably technical solutions.

Shame about their cars mind you.
These car companies would have to be stupid to buy into F1 quite frankly. I still can't believe F1 has a grid of 18 cars! I think I said in September racing was no longer king for these car companies.
Well lets face it. Racing nowadays has nothing got to do anymore with racing. The cars the drivers drive are so expensive with state of the art technology its impossible to keep up for manufactuers. Look at F1 for instances, the amount of money floating around there is insane. The costst it brings to just race a car there isnt normal anymore.

The same is happening on WRC as well. I used to watch it all the time. Nowadays isnt it about the drivers anymore but about the car with the most state of the art technology.

Dont get me wrong on this one, I think progressing in technology is a good thing but there is no need to put all these gadgets in each new racecar. It terminates the competition in my believe and drives up the costs aswell.

Like the VWS in LFS where they want a car with a limited setup possibility sounds briljant to me. That means its up to the skils of the drivers instead of who has the most technology on the car.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote from niels1 :Well lets face it. Racing nowadays has nothing got to do anymore with racing. The cars the drivers drive are so expensive with state of the art technology its impossible to keep up for manufactuers. Look at F1 for instances, the amount of money floating around there is insane. The costst it brings to just race a car there isnt normal anymore.

The same is happening on WRC as well. I used to watch it all the time. Nowadays isnt it about the drivers anymore but about the car with the most state of the art technology.

Dont get me wrong on this one, I think progressing in technology is a good thing but there is no need to put all these gadgets in each new racecar. It terminates the competition in my believe and drives up the costs aswell.

Like the VWS in LFS where they want a car with a limited setup possibility sounds briljant to me. That means its up to the skils of the drivers instead of who has the most technology on the car.

Just my 2 cents.

Motorsport like F1 has always been about the car. The actual true race is between manufacturers and not the drivers. The only true championship is the Constructors Championship.

Have we ever really seen a truly 100% worthy F1 WDC in the last 40 years? Maybe 1 or 2.

I think it is somewhat a myth that in days gone by the drivers made all the difference. The reality was, and still is that a VERY good driver could spring a surprise once in a while in a bad car. Vettel/monza Senna/Monaco etc.../ Yes modern F1 is more towards the car, but not much more than it was 30 years ago

Only motorsports where the vehicle is incredibly simple that deviations between manufacturers won't yield big differences. Top level Karting being the casing point. Pre-KF1 the gaps between 1st and 30th could be just .5 of a second and most of the time that's driver/setup. I am with you on idea of the driver making the difference, hence why I am big on karting. It provides competition between manufacturers while the driver still being 80% of the package.

Spec series aren't a solution either. Spec series rarely provide professional opportunities. For a driver there isn't any money to be made so naturally less drivers will want to compete. However, in some ways this could be a good thing, for sure.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG