The online racing simulator
wow notice the pic where the FXR is! what track is it? must be aston but those tires there are new!
Woohoo!
The big question now is, do they tyres "deform" too much?
looks liek the new config in aston. cant remind that corner.
Quote :thats a nasty mouth for a 12 yr old... do you need to sit in timeout for a little while? keep it up and there will be no pokemon for you!! :P

i learn from the neighbors. The kid mooned a cop.
Quote from Killernap :wow notice the pic where the FXR is! what track is it? must be aston but those tires there are new!

I think they have updated some parts of the different tracks to give you more run-off areas than sandboxes or grass - which is a good think
Quote from evans :The big question now is, do they tyres "deform" too much?

Probably they have just put little less air into them to make the tire flex more visible...?
Quote from Hyperactive :Probably they have just put little less air into them to make the tire flex more visible...?

Yeah, that's a good possibility. I was getting worried when I saw the rear tyre of the GTI almost going off the rim.
The third pic with the FXR on it shows the new config that I've been thinking of. AS5 (or AS4) + little of bit AS3, possibly. That corner looks quite good .
I hope its just the way I am reading it, I hope the tyre model isnt being "dumbed down" to make handling easier and "more fun"

Dan,
Lovely pics, lovely... cant wait what we see tomorrow
Were tyre marks variable like they are in the picture of the FZR and XRR? As in, the rear outside tyre has the most force applied to it, and so is laying dwn more rubber as it slips, whereas the inside front is slipping, but without as much force pushing on it.

Is that normal? I hadn't noticed it before if it's old news!
look at the tyre on the FXR. What company is it?
Quote from danowat :I hope its just the way I am reading it, I hope the tyre model isnt being "dumbed down" to make handling easier and "more fun"

Dan,

It's just being updated to be far more realistic. The tyres in the current version of S2 don't have quite the grip that real tyres would have. So yes, the handling will be easier and the power/grip ratio way better, but it's all in the name of realism, not arcadeism.
Here's the position of that Aston picture.
Attached images
lfs.JPG
Danowat:
In our case "more realistic" equals "more grip" equls "more fun".

On the 3rd screenshot (FXR):
It's where ASGP and ASNat meet. The FXR is doing the left turn from the Nat-straight into the GP "infield".
At least I think so.

Vain
Quote from Rappa Z :look at the tyre on the FXR. What company is it?

I think it reads "Turbo" and "Falcon RZ".
I know it's hard to show tire physics improvement by screenshots, however showing these extremely low pressure tire might just be distracting.

would like to hear more specificly what changes are actually made as well, though most of us won't understand but reading this just leave us wondering.
Quote :I think it reads "Turbo" and "Falcon RZ".

They said there were 4 companies right?
so: Cromo/Gripmaxx/Evostar/Turbo and Falcon
Quote from Matrixi :I think it reads "Turbo" and "Falcon RZ".

With the eyes of an eagle! or whatever..

I wonder if the company "GRIPTRAXX" will be involved in some tyre-making thingie-dingie?
Quote from JJ72 :I know it's hard to show tire physics improvement by screenshots, however showing these extremely low pressure tire might just be distracting.

would like to hear more specificly what changes are actually made as well, though most of us won't understand but reading this just leave us wondering.

I just want to feel the difference and ride the winds of change (:P)
also check out on the aston pics there are lamps now!
yay! tire physics improvement, a-a-a-awesome!
Also different sky (or just different time of day) and more trees
That picture of the Gti is awesome in my opinion (except that green!)

Seeing the tyres like that reminds you of jsut how much stress they're under. Reminds me of a Top Gear where they were generally abusing a Bentley Continental, the tyres were all over the place like in that picture having to deal with the huge mass of the car.

Nice looking pics, I have to say.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG