The online racing simulator
Español Latino
(65 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :I speak ...i dont know, Spanish Castellano i think. Well, yeah, use Mexican flag. Oh and you spanish, your spanish is funny, the accent i mean and some words are just weird in our spanish. It's like colour and color U.S. and U.K.

Example:
UK: Dude
Mexico: Wey, vato
Venezuela: Pana
Colombia: ?
Argentina: ?
Spain: Tio

Colombia: Amigo parcero
Quote from chanoman315 :Volante = wheel
But some may say, Timon, Manivela etc.

Volante is translated Steering-Wheel.
Quote from RiGun :Volante is translated Steering-Wheel.

bah.. the same , i thought you knew wwhat i was talking about
so if this is the case- are we going to get a translation of USA/Canadian English? Australian/NewZealand English?

I am kidding- good job
just curious to know how any requests were there to have this done?
seems odd.
the english speakers don't need variation
is there a Quebecois french pak?

is there really a need ot differentiate between 'Cabria' and 'Volante?' 'Boot' and 'trunk'? 'Bonnet' and 'Hood?' "Clutche' and 'Embrage?'

I think we all couuld figure out these little variations this is weird
"(...) it would be the same to have another english language option for americans."

Which there is.

PS: By bad, there isn't =D

I'll speak for myself. The difference between portuguese from Europe and from Brazil is enough that there are some words we've never heard here, and the way to make some sentences that are different, so yes, it feels better to read in your own language. But Portuguese people still understand almost 100% of portuguese from Brazil (and vice-versa), so it's almost totally a matter of taste. I think it's a matter of you latino guys deciding if castellano is so different that you'd had better have it in your own diallect.

On the other hand if each of the countries has its own diallect, probably it wouldn't be very practical..
Actually there is a very basic difference in lation spanish and castellano:

Latin spanish misses the second person in plural: Vosotros

Castellano:

Singular:
1. Yo
2. Tu
3. El/Ella/Usted

Plural:
1. Nosotros
2. Vosotros
3. Ellos/Ellas/Ustedes

Latin:

Singular:
1. Yo
2. Tu
3. El/Ella/Usted

Plural:
1. Nosotros
2. Ellos/Ellas/Ustedes

Thats one of the examples which is all over latin america the same. There will be more, so its a good idea to have a different language.

Regards/Saludos from the regional office of BMW Latin America, Panama.
Steffen
Sorry, but I would be VERY surprised if that was the case. I might be wrong, but lets take an example: how would you talk with a group of people without the 2nd person of plural?

For example:

a) English: You guys are going to drive in division 3.

b) Spanish from Spain: Vosotros vais a conducir en la división 3.

c) Latin American: I would say its either the same as b) or, it could be:

d) Ustedes conducen en la división 3, which btw is still 100% perfect spanish from Spain, just slightly different.

For me, c) and d) are the same, even though the form 'usted' would be used to talk in a more respectful way. Still, there is a need for a 2nd person in plural.

How would you handle this Warper?

Disclaimer: Im not trying to stir up things, just trying to understand the need of this Latin American language pack
This has always been a HOT issue with all spanish speaking countries. There are many many differences and attempting to deal with all the tastes may prove impossible. I work in the web development business and trying to translate sites into a spanish flavor that all spanish-speaking folks would agree on is really really hard.

Maybe we are better off leaving the Castellano translation alone as the only Spanish translation. I don't a British English and American English versions or a French and Canadian French or African French versions ... it is the same issue.

Every single country that speaks spanish have different dialects and jargon but I don't think that requires an entire new translation. Maybe tweaking the current Castellano version would be more appropriate.
Quote from GT Touring :so if this is the case- are we going to get a translation of USA/Canadian English? Australian/NewZealand English?

I am kidding- good job

If someone's willing to do a US English version, I guess there wouldn't be an issue. There wouldn't be so much of a need for Australian and NZ English, as they are more akin to British English.

Quote :just curious to know how any requests were there to have this done?
seems odd.
the english speakers don't need variation
is there a Quebecois french pak?

Quebec French ... if someone can be bothered to do it they could :P My French is better than my Spanish (I.E. Still shite), from what I hear there is a bit more difference between fr-ca and fr-fr than en-us and en-gb.

Quote :is there really a need ot differentiate between 'Cabria' and 'Volante?' 'Boot' and 'trunk'? 'Bonnet' and 'Hood?' "Clutche' and 'Embrage?'

To be honest I prefer some things to be localised for the UK, not as in putting tea and cricket everywhere - just British spelling and possibly use of metric units rather than US customary (or UK imperial for the luddites). US English is perfectly intelligable of course, it's just that it en-gb seems more direct for some reason, and there's something about British people trying to pick up US accents (I imagine on the other side of the atlantic if anyone tries the reverse it is equally annoying).

I know about, er, five words of Spanish so I'll shut up now.
Quote from BurnOut69 :
b) Spanish from Spain: Vosotros vais a conducir en la división 3.

c) Latin American: I would say its either the same as b) or, it could be:

d) Ustedes conducen en la división 3, which btw is still 100% perfect spanish from Spain, just slightly different.

For me, c) and d) are the same, even though the form 'usted' would be used to talk in a more respectful way. Still, there is a need for a 2nd person in plural.

"Conducen" is too spanish, remember we were conquered by you guys, but we still had our language here and that's 500 years ago, and of course we dont have the same, because we have some slangs from the past and the accent and all that stuff...
"Ustedes conducen en la division 3" In Mexico i think instead of "conducen" would be "corren" ... there are a lot of words we dont use, but some of them we do.

And like Vicbel said, maybe tweaking it could be better
lol Chano this has nothing to do with what happened 500 years ago, this is about now and LFS

"Corren" is widely accepted here too, but my guess is that official translations dont take accent and slang into account
Quote from chanoman315 :That wheel shit, isnt like that here in mexico, sorry...

Shearch in a dictionary and you will see what name have
Quote from Warper :Actually there is a very basic difference in lation spanish and castellano:

Latin spanish misses the second person in plural: Vosotros

In some zones inside spain don't use Vosotros, like Cadiz or Canarian Islands. But this is not an argument. "Tu" or "Vosotros" is for use with friends or family, etc. And "Usted" or "Ustedes" is for use with your Boss or an old man/woman, it is the same, but with more respect.

Quote from chanoman315 :Volante = wheel
But some may say, Timon, Manivela etc.

You confuse some words, timón is to control a ship not a car.

And manivela is

You can search in www.rae.es

Timón http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/Srv ... BUS=3&LEMA=tim%C3%B3n

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/Srv ... O_BUS=3&LEMA=manivela

In south of Spain they talk a "dialect" change some words and pronuntiation is very bad but we understand they, and they understand we. What we can to do with? create a new language for LFS?

My opinion is that Spanish is one language with only one dictionary for all, if you or your country changes words, it is not a language, is speak bad a language (how i speak english ).. think it
Dont tell me that, I say "Volante" to Steering Wheel, in other LA countries dont.
This is exactly why I think creating a Latino version is useless. Every single word would start a non-sensical silly war over what country uses what word and which one is right.

Carro, coche, auto, automovil, ... we ALL spanish speakers know what it is.

Timon, Volante, etc ... we all know what they mean.

I seriously don't think there is a need to put out a Latino version. should we have to versions of english for Color and Colour? Tyre and Tire? I don't think so.
Quote from vicbel :
Timon, Volante, etc ... we all know what they mean.

When i first heard it. I was like, "Hey dude, this is no boat simulation" Because for me, "Timon" is for boats, and "Volante" for cars
Are we going to have "Andaluz", "Estremeño" or "Canario"?
Are we going to have "Valenciano", "Mallorquín" or "Occitano"?
Are we going to have "US English"?
Are we going to have "Canadian French"?
Are we going to have "Plattdeutsch" or "Yiddisch"?

It'll be a precedent
That's the wonderful world of languages!
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
im from spain,and respect for all but..latin sux
Well, it is interesting to hear what people from Spain think about it, but in the end, this is really about what Latin Americans think. It is easy of course for Spanish people to be tempted to say that there should only be one Spanish, because they live in the land where the language came from originally.

The most important thing to hear is what the Latin Americans think - what do they want?

Neto_r did this conversion and he is from Costa Rica. It is my guess that is not the end of the story, for a successful Latin American Spanish translation. Someone said that Mexican Spanish is the most "neutral" Latino Spanish language, so maybe that means a Mexican should join in and help with this translation? And maybe someone else from a different country?

I guess the task of making a language to work well in several countries is not one for a single person.

So... I think the question is : should some people join the team for this language, or should it be abandoned?

By the way, should the line tx_langname should be "Español Latino" not just "Latino" as that is how it displayed in LFS?
I am from Colombia, South America and I think the Español Latino version should be abandoned to favor a revision of the Español version.

I also volunteer my help to contribute to whatever the solution is.
I volunteer if you guys (Scavier) want me
I say the project need fly away , is poinstless at this moment have "Another" Spaniscastellanolatino Language

WE all live whit the Castellano and spanish , is minimal de diveference , Just some words and conjugations and stuff , so add a new language is pointless

Also , Latino America , dosent have a flag
I took the liberty to edit the existing Español Latino language file, I think that racers from Latin America should check it, especially the original translator, there are quite a few new lines that have been changed, mostly English words that remained in the old Castellano/Español Latino, I also checked that some controversial words as "llantas" are used by dictionary definition to avoid confusion in different countries.

This file still needs to be polished to reach LFS' standard of quality before it can be included in a official release.
Attached files
Latino.txt - 53.3 KB - 1720 views
Quote from RiGun :I took the liberty to edit the existing Español Latino language file, I think that racers from Latin America should check it, especially the original translator, there are quite a few new lines that have been changed, mostly English words that remained in the old Castellano/Español Latino, I also checked that some controversial words as "llantas" are used by dictionary definition to avoid confusion in different countries.

This file still needs to be polished to reach LFS' standard of quality before it can be included in a official release.

At first glance there are some spelling errors, maily accents missing. I can also see some inconsistencies in the use of capital letters.

However I am not sure how productive this is since the devs are still looking for feedback to decide whether they should keep the Latino version or not.
Yeah I know that there are still spelling mistakes I didn't have the time to check all the file as some of them were inherited from the old Español Latino version, there might be some new ones. The upper case inconsistencies also were inherited from the Castellano version, that's why I said that this need to be polished, the more I check it I find something that could be changed to fit Latin-American racers so maybe this new language isn't such a bad idea.

Updated language file.
Attached files
Latino.txt - 53.3 KB - 694 views

Español Latino
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG