The online racing simulator
Looking for LFS hosting?
(13 posts, started )
Looking for LFS hosting?
I was Looking for a LFS hoster in the netherlands but can't find 1 fitting my needs, so I start building a webbased racemanager panel.

Below the result:

Now it's finished and I started a gamehosting company, if anyone is interested take a look at http://www.gamehosters.net

Please give some feedback (positive and/or negative)

Ok, as promised a (short) explanation of the race manager:

The Racemanager software includes:
Latest LFS server version (updated for free when a new version is released)
LFSLapper v5.7.1.4
Vcom v4.7.5
Pittboard addon

Racemanager webinterface contains:
LFS server configmanager.
LFS lapper configmanager.
Filemanager.
Banlist editor.
Welcome text editor.
Moderator editor.
Curse/swearlist editor.
Tutorials.
Contactform for system related questions.

LFSLapper configmanager includes:
Welcome message when entering the server.
Public personal best lap notification
Public split times notifications
Pitt information
Curse/swear filter.
flood filter.
Actions on speeding in pitlane.
Car and Track rotation.
Personal Lap notification.
Auto restart.
Idle Car detection.
Simple drift score.
and more!

Vcom includes:
Auto greeting.
Best laps in XML webpage per track. (download possible through the filemanager)

Pittboard addon:
Options below are shown during the race.
Show personal splittime.
show personal best time.
show personal best possible tracktime.

All functions are under development, when a new function is available a notification is shown
when logging in to the Racemanager.

Differences between the server packages:
Demo: Demo server, no client license required.
Private: Private server, predifined client password.
Public: Public server, no password needed, password options is free.

For all servers, layout files can be uploaded through the file manager.
Your control panel looks nice and simple, best of luck to you!
Looks good with all the options they need.

Regards,
whats the difference between private & public? surely you can set the server to either, right?
Quote from anttt69 :whats the difference between private & public? surely you can set the server to either, right?

I wonder to know the same thing. But I supose that private can't be public at any time while public can have or not pasword. Am I right?
In the first place, tnx for the positive reaction!

The difference between public and private is that a private server have a predefined password, just like e.g. the COD and MOHAA servers.
Datatraffic for that server is less than a public server where everyone can join, therefor the price per slot is less.

A public server however can also be private, but the password option is free and the server admin can choose if it's a private or public server.

I hope that this is the answer to your question.

Regards,
Ronald
#7 - wild
You've got a very nice control panel there and the prices are very reasonable also. Very best of luck with this
Your idea sounds good, but...

€39,60 for a single full public server looks like very much money to me.
When comparing to other hosters/gameservers, I think the price is not that bad.

The following should be considered:
The hardware should be replaced in about 3 years.
Datatraffic can be expensive
Hosting of the gameserver in a datacenter
expenditure for maintenance on the server
Uptime = 24/7 99.9%

And full package, isn't that a littlebit overkill?

Regards,
Ronald

ps. what is a reasonable price to you?

This is a difficult question.
The reasonable price depends on many things like service, reliability and so on.

With knowledge a root server or virtual server could be a real alternative to your offer. A root server is available for about €40,- and virtual server could be about €9,-.
I've tested both of them. The virtual server is good for hosting a homepage with forum and about 6-10 LfS-Servers. Lapper, Tracker and all kind of InSim-Software is still possible.
A root server has far more potential, although down time may be a little higher.

And to finally answer your question, I wouldn't pay more than €5,- for a LfS-Server. There are so much unused servers around. There is no need to have more, except the own ego has
When having enough knowledge to maintain a rootserver (or virtual server), installing the software and configuring LFS and the addons, you're completly right.

However, this is not the intention, it is intended for gamers without knowledge who want an own server and a simple way to manage.

And personally I do not have such good experiences with LFS in a virtual environment, for some reason it gives somekind of lag.
The only problem is, places like 500 Servers who have a good reputation, are actually charging less then you, a new and upcoming company.
Ok, that means i have to lower the prices, I take a look at the website of 500servers and the prices they have are quit low.

Until next weekend i don't have much time, please keep posting, i'll read and if necessary post a reaction.

Thanks for the reactions and advise.

Looking for LFS hosting?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG