The online racing simulator
Saw Hancock yesterday - How the hell did a film not make me laugh once through THE ENTIRE THING!
I was looking at renting Hancock, it looked really good from the trailers. I take it from your rather limited review (:razz that it was not up to standard?
It was, frankly, a waste of 1h 30 minutes.
I saw Hancock about a month ago and I have to admit that I actually can't remember what the plot is about, except the general setting which can also be taken from the trailer.
I did not fall asleep or do anything else while watching the movie.
It's just that enthralling, I guess.

Vain
Quote from niall09 :^^ Saw that last night. Good film imo. I think Craig has said that they're not continuing it on.

Bourne Supremacy, i watched it the other night. The Bourne films have got to be one of the best films going. Epic stuff, such intelligent and high paced movies.

Love the Bourne films, but the "shaky cam" has gone too far. Ultimatum was the first film that made me feel sick because of camera work. And you cant actually see what's going on in half the fight scenes because of the mega quick cuts. Its editing for the MTV generation, and i hate it. I hear the new Bond has a load of shaky cam, i hope its not as bad as in Bourne.

Two great films to recommend if you like 'em quirky, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. Both from the same team.

EDIT:- ... Hancock was garbage.
if you dont want to be sick to death, whatever you do, do NOT watch "Driven" ! god i felt like shooting myself in the middle of it
Quote from DevilDare :if you dont want to be sick to death, whatever you do, do NOT watch "Driven" ! god i felt like shooting myself in the middle of it

But there are those awesome and incredibly realistic crashes!!!1111

the opening sequence is very shaky cam and given i've got an inner ear infection at the moment it did cause me some uncomfortable moments
I have just watched "The Bank Job". It's a great movie.
Quote from zeugnimod :But there are those awesome and incredibly realistic crashes!!!1111

Oh my. I didn't know time stops for those cars in the air, while those on the ground can go 3 times faster than normal. Watched the first 3 crashes, couldn't deal with it anymore. Unduly glad I didn't actually watch the whole movie
I saw The Day The Earth Stood Still (big mistake, never remake the classics) last night and once again Keanu Reeves proved that I am more likely to win an Oscar than he ever will. Let's just say, to say his performance in TDTESS is wooden is an insult to trees and forests everywhere.

What is the appeal with this guy? I've seen him in many films down the years and his career highlights are probably the two Bill & Ted movies. Notable exceptions are Point Break, Speed and The Matrix (the first one), but those films are good stories, not because of his performances.

Other films that he has spoiled include Dracula (Gary Oldman the only good thing), Johnny Mnemonic (no, no, no - worst movie EVER!), the other two Matrix movies (two reasons why they should have just left it with one), Chain Reaction (would have been better without him), The Devil's Advocate (thank god for Al Pacino) and Constantine (the less said about this the better).

He is the living embodiment that you don't necessarily need to have talent to succeed in Hollywood and shows that luck can get you very far in life.

/END RANT
He was actually quite good in "Street kings", although I don't rate the guy that highly.

Couple of films I have seen recently....

"Dead mans shoes", mentioned here a few times, wow, intense, scary, funny, great low budget Brit-flick, I will never look at a 2CV in the same way!!! LOL.

"Taken", an OK action flick, contrived dialouge, unconvicing Liam neeson as a tough guy, I did expect more from a Luc Besson film TBH, but it's a way to kill a few hours.

"The departed", yes, it's taken me this long to see it, but wow, what a film, great performances from all the cast, just a great film.
I loved "The Departed" as well! And last saturday I found that Body of Lies was actually pretty good.
Just watched Babylon A.D. Well, what can i say, i'm a Vin Diesel fan but still the movie wasn't that great. The story* and the setting was brilliant. (* except the ending, that is the main thing that ruined the overall impression ). Watch it for the visuals tho, the apocalyptic/hi-tech sceneries were quite impressing :O
Slumdog Millionaire, pretty weird but a pretty damn good film.
I recently watched an old film, but a classic car film that everyone has to see. It's called The Driver, anyone that knows car films will know the one, and anyone that ever played the Driver games will know the basic concept.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, can't recommend it enough
#468 - ssm
Office Space

But also... Three epic films, must watch back to back to back...
-Glengerry Glen Ross
-Wall Street
-Boiler Room

AMAZING!

By the way, I recommend seeing Babylon AD, just for the action, and for Vin Diesel arriving on a screen since forever. But the plot line is really shallow and it is unsatisfying at the end.
Watched couple of days ago movie called: Taken
And have to say, that it was one of the best movies for this year :thumbsup3:thumbsup3
cant recomment it inaf. Just go and check it out
didnt want to make a new thread so,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gszFIUmg8

DragonBall the movie. first time it was announced, i was really dissapointed that they are going to make a movie out of the best cartoon ever. I just couldnt imagine people flying and shooting fireballs, but now it looks like it will be a normal fighting movie without much of DB super powers. i am actually looking forward to it now (apart from picollo, wth is that thing?)
Quote from zeugnimod :But there are those awesome and incredibly realistic crashes!!!1111

I don't usually look in this thread but I'm glad I didn't miss that.

Hollywood at its finest.
Dunno if someone posted it yet, but i just watched 'horton hears a who'. Quite funny
The Mist

dont read about it, dont look for what people say about it just watch it.
The Curious case of Benjamin Button. Watch it. I said WATCH IT! And after watching it come here and recommend it to others!

Eagle eye was good [!!! incoming spoiler !!!] until they reveald the bad-guy - a friggin' computer, how original :| Still i can only recommend it.
I thought Eagle Eye was quite good actually, not as much action as I hoped though

Watched QoS too, thought it was pretty cool, missed the ending though...

Saw FF7: Advent Children (just because of my fond childhood memories of the game :rolleyes recently, was good, but only after playing the game.

Started watching all of the Saws back to back too, on III now. They're OK, they're really not that scary, it's just sudden noises and crap that makes you jump, there's no fear afterwards.

Also watched V for Vendetta last week, one of the best movies I've watched in a while, it actually had a plot, and good action. I'd recommend it anyway

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG