The online racing simulator
so, im back to hotlap ...
Thanks for the clarification, Scawen.
Quote from Scawen :

So... it'll be a nice patch with some noticeable improvements and the new car, but not really representative of the amount of work that has been done since patch Z.

So are the physics incompatible with Z?
Quote from Scawen :We've also been working on other new things which have not been announced and will not be released in the near future.

Thats good to hear

I'm taking that they are fairly major things that require loads of effort to do, so you're working on those bit by bit to eventually get them done (for EXAMPLE changing weather and bits falling off? )
Most cars hotlaps will be unaffected, although some minor changes may affect some cars and so make some hotlap charts invalid. I can't give a definite list at the moment, sorry.
hmm. i say 30k on all crusie servers
Quote from joebob4441 :hmm. i say 30k on all crusie servers

yeah i think all cruisers will love to drive it
I think Scirocco will be most expensive car on teh cruizaz.
What class will it race with? turbo or?
Quote from Shadowww :I think Scirocco will be most expensive car on teh cruizaz.

no, ll still be the gtr´s
Quote from Shadowww :I think Scirocco will be most expensive car on teh cruizaz.

na because people want fast cars not slow cars. but at first it will be
Pretty cool christmas gift... I need to ask Santa for a wheel...
Quote from Scawen :Most cars hotlaps will be unaffected, although some minor changes may affect some cars and so make some hotlap charts invalid. I can't give a definite list at the moment, sorry.

More info next week!
Quote from J.B. :it will be interesting to see what effect the VW data support will have on the handling.

the impression i got from listening to victor paints a rather comical picture of the sim market as it is... iracing spending lots of time and money to laserscan cars and the lfs devs simply asking vw for their cad data
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, I for on don't think it's inappropriate to adress people directly with a "you" in here. But seeing that you are from finnland, I understand that notion. Having been in Tampere a few weeks ago, you're one of the most reserved people I have ever encountered. It's almost spooky (unless you meet a drunk finn...)

Point was that replying without a quote and using 'you' doesn't really define who you are answering to, especially as my first post wasnt directed at you.
scawen, i ve a question: in the vid of the scirocco, you can see from 0:41 till 0:44 the movement from shift + u to the driver view, is that a new feature or just a well made vid?
Quote from John5200 :scawen, i ve a question: in the vid of the scirocco, you can see from 0:41 till 0:44 the movement from shift + u to the driver view, is that a new feature or just a well made vid?

I wondered the same thing, actually. The camera movement can be handled exactly like this in InSim, so I suspect Scawen prolly just knocked up a quick InSim routine. That's my guess, anyway
Quote from SamH :I wondered the same thing, actually. The camera movement can be handled exactly like this in InSim, so I suspect Scawen prolly just knocked up a quick InSim routine. That's my guess, anyway

Why not Victor? I thought he is a bit of a coder.

Oh yes, thanks for the answer Scawen.
Quote from Blackout :Why not Victor? I thought he is a bit of a coder.

He's a brilliant coder, IMHO. It might equally have been Vic that wrote the script. Or it could be a new movie feature altogether.. I've no clue
First of all this car looks great!
But something worries me, am I the only one who is experiencing graphical problems with the new viewer?

Rims and glass parts disappearing, reflections disappearing and appearing (mainly of the windows), solid parts showing as if they where made of glass and the other way around…. Got these problems with every car in the viewer.

I’ve got no problems with the previous version of the viewer, downloading the new viewer again didn't solve my problem.

Hardware: P4 @ 2.4GHZ / 640MB / Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 256MB / Windows XP pro.

I’m a bit worried because this might happen to LFS after the upcoming patch. Been playing LFS sins the beginning of 2003 without any graphical problems.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG