The online racing simulator
Legal racing for cheap in the USA?
(30 posts, started )
Get on the SM forums and find out what the drivers are spending each year. If you only run regionally and have a place to sleep for the night, IE camper/tent, you can keep costs reasonably low.

I expect regionally you would be looking at less thank $10k a year to race the car, just have to buy one =) But this is not the best place to look for info, a better place is where the real drivers of the series 'hang out' and try to get some info from the source.

You could buy the car one year, run HDPE's and other trackday events to gain confidence and work on getting your SCCA license, then the next year apply into the series and run some events, while still doing trackdays.
Quote from Mattesa :
BTW, the SCCA runoffs are being show on SPEED again. Do you see now those guys bump and grind and spin!? LOL I wouldn't want to do that with my own car.

Almost forgot, thought you'd enjoy this.
Quote from Speedy Pro :Almost forgot, thought you'd enjoy this.

Enjoy!?!? Morbid curiosity maybe. LOL... those poor Miatas. Unfortunately SM doesn't have the best reputation. Anyway I caught the SM finals race on tv and it was actually quite clean. The winner does indeed get a ride in MX-5 cup.
Quote from Speedy Pro :Almost forgot, thought you'd enjoy this.

Dang, need to ask them if they drive the solstice in iRacing!

iRacers will get this, especially Hyperactive
#30 - ssm
Quote from lizardfolk :I dont think it's that easy. Especially since it's SCCA. I mean from what it sounds like there's a grid limit? Also wouldn't you need an SCCA license?

I may be wrong but Spec E30 and Spec Miata sounds a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to get into

(i want to race professionally as well I so I'm carefully watching this thread).
Dont get me wrong, racing that new TDi really does sound sweet, but I dont think it's easier to get into than Spec E30 and Spec Miata (i could be wrong if you prove your point with sources)

I am hoping to get called in for an interview and recruited to participate in the qualifying rounds, I am hoping to be able to prove it that way. And... it would be tight to just have a packed bag at school to tell people that you are going away for a "prelim round this weekend".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG