The online racing simulator
Anologue controller + RAM
(7 posts, started )
I have just drove in LFS sim for the first time. I used a PC Anologue control pad. Is there a way I can set it up so I can use a brake and accelerate button rather than pushing forwards/backwards on the annie stick to accelerate/brake? I don't like the idea of using a wheel as I've not much space in my room but will get one if I have to.

Also, my computer only has 224RAM and is an Intel Celeron 2.9ghz, is this enough to run LFS? The screen flickered a bit when I first drove but settled down once I got going.

I did four flying laps in my first and only session, I recorded a fasted lap of 202.39sec at Blackwood in the KF GTI. Is that a decent time for a newbie or is it way off the mark?

Thanks alot guys!
On controls setup choose BUTTON for throttle and brake instead COMBINED. Well, I dont know your controller but 2:02 isnt too bad for a compete newbie. The WR for this track/car combo is something around 1:31, so there is a long way in front of you, if you want to hit these times... When I was noob, I wasnt better than you, dont worry

About your PC, LFS isnt a RAM eater, it needs just a powerful CPU(your celeron is quite on the edge, you may have some prbolems on full grid races). The another thing you really need is a HVS supproting graphic card. Without it, your CPU is loaded excessively and framerate is falling A LOT. So, what graphic card do you have?
I don't know what graphic card I have, is there a way I can find out, I'm not too good on tech stuff. Thanks
Right click on some free space on your Windows desktop, select Properties and pick the card Settings. There shoud be written the name of your GFX(under the monitor picture)
I think its SIS 650. Is this any good? Thankyou.
It is most likely integrated graphic chip(IGP). IGPs uses system resources like RAM for their own purposes, and that means they are slow, REALLY SLOW. IGPs also usually doesnt support any advanced features like HVS or Pixel Shaders. I am afraid that your Celeron will be really busy when there are more than 10 cars on the grid.

If you want to race LFS seriously, than you need to upgrade. Radeon 9600 can be a good GFX for you - it cheap and powerful enough for LFS.
Thankyou friend, you have been most helpful. I think I will buy the s2 licence and then if I enjoy playing the full sim I will upgrade my card, maybe even buy a new computer. Thankyou very much.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG