The online racing simulator
proper glow on brake lights
(12 posts, started )
I have recently downloaded a really old version of LFS from way back in 2002 (dt 0.1) and i noticed that the brake lights have a kind of 'glow' when they are illuminated. (see picture) To me, This seems more realistic than the current lights that do not have this glow. Would anyone agree??
Attached images
lfs dt 0.1 lights.jpg
I imagine when we get headlights that actually project light, then we'll see some kind of glow from the rear lights too.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have recently downloaded a really old version of LFS from way back in 2002 (dt 0.1) and i noticed that the brake lights have a kind of 'glow' when they are illuminated. (see picture) To me, This seems more realistic than the current lights that do not have this glow. Would anyone agree??

Can you honestly say you've seen real lights glow like that? No!
I agree with that i would like to see them in new patch
#5 - bbman
Quote from tristancliffe :Can you honestly say you've seen real lights glow like that? No!

Well, if you have about 1.5 dioptres and no glasses around...
Well you can "simulate" a realisticalish brake glow by reducing the size of the your rear lights in the .dds file, and putting as an effect layer a "external light" of a reddish color, too dark to be noticeable when you're not braking.
It goes like this. (see attached pics).

For now, we don't see glow in the rear lights because they do not emit some kind of light, the texture just gets colored brighter
Attached images
brakeglow.jpg
#7 - Alric
Brake light don't glow like that unless your looking through a fogged up windscreen at night in a traffic jam.

In normal conditions like in LFS lights just light up and have no noticable glow.
Quote from Alric :Brake light don't glow like that unless your looking through a fogged up windscreen at night in a traffic jam.

In normal conditions like in LFS lights just light up and have no noticable glow.

Hahaha +1
#9 - DrBen
spot-on!

how about some totally unrealistic brake-lights for the not-yet-enlightened single-seaters then? Might improve my "temptedness" to actually go racing in them more often

Initial D Style Brake lights, glowing brake calibers and front lights :P
alright then, I just read that story

now I guess everyone will know how much enthusiasm shines from within me considering single-seaters

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG