The online racing simulator
GT2-FZR tooo fast ?
(50 posts, started )
#26 - SamH
I think we may need an evening of beta testing with volunteers, if the difference between the GT2 cars is genuinely so significant.
Quote from SamH :I think we may need an evening of beta testing with volunteers, if the difference between the GT2 cars is genuinely so significant.

*Raise's hand*
Quote from SamH :I think we may need an evening of beta testing with volunteers, if the difference between the GT2 cars is genuinely so significant.

Just shout and I'll be there
Quote from Motordirex :Ok then, fine. Why dont we put it to votefor the GT2 class to either add some weight to the FZR or restrict its intake.

i think we should go for extra weight

Depending on what time, I wanna contribute also.

Ohhh just shout, I will have a go at it.
i'm not a fast driver and my skills put me in the middle-end of a grid, but when drive the FZR-GT2 my team-mate "the rocket" Wizedo, got to work hard to catch me with the XRR-GT2.

Based on this fact my opinion in that the FZR got more power especially out of turns.

Hi
Alex
Give us a shout Sam, and i'll be there (if you want me )
Sam, lets get to the "Test-Server"... with my Teammate with the FZR.
Has anything happened with the testing yet?
How can the FZR be so out of balance in GT2 when in GT1 it is almost so balanced that it's been balanced out of being the fastest car on any given curcuit. The only thing I can think of is that with the air restriction being the 'leveller' of choice that the FZR engine delievers more punch at those restricted air levels. Prehaps a look at wieght handicaps (as you see more often than not in RL) rather than air restriction, or prehaps a mixture of the two.

Trust me though guys, if you get used to winning in the FZR in GT2 prepare to be dissapointed when you progress to GT1, the FZR really is no longer queen bitch.

Just a small thought. I don't really mess around in GT2 I find it puts me off my stride for GT1 but what do you guys do with your setups? Having driven GT2 a few times I have noticed that the setup differences between the two classes are huge. Massive reduction in D/F, different gearing, tyre pressures, well, just about everything is lower. Do you guys try and run with GT1 set's or do you manufacture your own to deal with GT2 indiosynchri . . . .Things.

The XRR and FXR (Particularily the XRR) should be more than capable of giving the FZR a run for it's money. I think the right setup and the right driver would prove that the class is not quite so out of balance as you might think at first glance.
I usually change a GT2 to a GT1 set. The settings of GT2 are mostly spot on. With Gt1 you have indeed check gears, tire pressure and tire. A bit on the chamber but mostly that works.

In the FZR driving GT@ is great. But in the GT1 it is a bitch. The XRR is the overall winner. I drive a lot of FXR tbh, I just like the grip in that car. Isnt the fastest although with the right setup it good gives the XRR and FZR a good fight. Its the straights what is playing up on the FXR. XRR and FZR are the fastest on straight.
@ Funnybear :
For expl. i have some diff. Setups..for the GT1 & GT2

@ niels1:
I agree, the XRR & FZR are the fastets on straights, but the FXR is, for expl., faster at corners
Overall standings, the cars are 98% euqal to each other, and you can beat the FZR & XRR...

At Patch "X" the GT2-class was very funny because u can often beat
the FZR & XRR..but now...the FZR is tooo fast..

The last GT2-Race, my Teammate overtakes me(FXR) in his FZR so quick (without lee)..that i've feel
i am driving an UF-1000

Another example on AS5-reverse (fastest laps):

"GT1"
FZR: 274 km/h (before braking point)
-- > Time : 2:42:11 (kai0r -> Race 13.02.08)
FXR: 269 km/h
-- > Time : 2:42:32 (me, Delgado -> Race 13.02.08)

"GT2"
FZR: 250km/h
-- > Time: 2:47x
FXR: 237 km/h
-- > Time: 2:52.xx
"the same Driver as GT1"

You see some differents ?
Agreed Guzzi, FXR on the corners is awesomw. Its great having a 4 wheel drift through a corner in 3rd gear going flat out. Try that with a XRR or a FZR. I sure cant.
Quote from niels1 :Agreed Guzzi, FXR on the corners is awesomw. Its great having a 4 wheel drift through a corner in 3rd gear going flat out. Try that with a XRR or a FZR. I sure cant.

muppet!
Lemme know if you need me Sam Depending on the time I'm up for it.

Currently got 3 track records in FZR-GT2 I love the FZR-GT2 it just drives so perfectly for my driving style. :P

*edit* crap I think I just bumped a pretty old thread O_O
#43 - Dru
Quote from evilpimp :Lemme know if you need me Sam Depending on the time I'm up for it.

Currently got 3 track records in FZR-GT2 I love the FZR-GT2 it just drives so perfectly for my driving style. :P

Quote from evilpimp :Lemme know if you need me Sam Depending on the time I'm up for it.

You have 3 now?!

I'm up for testing too!!

And this thread isn't that old..
Life lesson there mista?
Delgado
No longer welcome .... Oops?!
#47 - Dru
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Delgado
No longer welcome .... Oops?!

he had 2 accounts i seem to remember.... that's all
#48 - AMB

We;ll see about them records once I get a licence for GT2
Quote from AMB :We;ll see about them records once I get a licence for GT2

What's that smell? Wait, wait, do I smell a challenge?
haha looks like now its fxr "too powerful" now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG