The online racing simulator
Finally a good engine sound simulator? (open source)
LFS needs that! Big grin
Quote from Evolution_R :LFS needs that! Big grin

Yes!Omg omg omg

I could not even dream of such a program in the foreseeable future. It is a pity that mainly big V8 engine is demonstrated and the 747cc motor is a bit more bass than you'd expect.
Quote from SlamDunk :Something to consider. Feels very impressive, well, at least to my inexpert mind.

This is definitely very impressive. But there are a couple of things to consider here.
This program runs on a 10khz rigidbody system and more importantly an 80khz fluid simulation which means it's a quite resource heavy synthesizer to run in the background while also running the LFS itself efficiently.

In a way it is similar to the engine sound generation system in LFS. The difference is that LFS spams pulse samples with processing applied, while this system generate a sound wave trough the resource heavy fluid simulation.

Bottom line is that it's quite heavy on the CPU Big grin
-
(SlamDunk) DELETED by SlamDunk : Unnecessary post.
This s the future of car engine simulation. LFS devs should definitely consider researching this program and implementing it to their simulator.
Interesting! However seems to run very poor on my laptop with 50FPS and the sound is very much affected by that, while LFS runs OK on that same laptop, so it is quite resource-heavy on not high-end devices.
Very cool.
Hopefully something that could be optimised for implementation in games.
I'm not sure how BeamNG generates it's sounds, but might be another good application for something like this.
Quote from farcar :Very cool.
Hopefully something that could be optimised for implementation in games.
I'm not sure how BeamNG generates it's sounds, but might be another good application for something like this.

BeamNG generates sounds trough a blend of a series of sound samples. I think it's similar to how rFactor does it.
There are 4 different samples sequences used at various RPMs. So one for intake onload, one for intake offload, one for exhaust onload and one for exhaust offload.

LFS does something more similar to the engine simulator where it synthesize a waveform in realtime based on an engine simulation. Although LFS engine simulation is not as advanced as that in the engine simulator program.

I think LFS is already on the right track for making realtime engine sounds. You'd have to simplify the engine simulator quite a bit to get it fast enough to intergrate in a game. But of course there is always room for improvement with more drone resonance and valvetrain noises and such.
Some nice-sounding race car engines created by other people for the Engine Simulator:

This is the next thing in LFS.
That's crazy 😧
Quote from SlamDunk :Some nice-sounding race car engines created by other people for the Engine Simulator:

OMG wonderful
These samples are nuts! Thanks for sharing. I am in love with them.

and the fact that this is also open source is unreal.
More engine simulation
Tbug is still waiting for someone to do this xD
#17 - FIZ
It is so good it is scary and it is not even finished yet!
I really doubt there will be any possibility to see it into LFS but hey.. we can still dream about it.
The computational resource could be intense if there are many vehicles moving around.

Finally a good engine sound simulator? (open source)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG