The online racing simulator
Ports
(8 posts, started )
Ports
Yesterday , i got anoyyed since , for weeks .. mabye even months i have been putting up with not being able to join many servers , and the server list shows up terribly slow , so i thought , well ill go try and open the ports for lfs , that made it worse because i couldn't connect to the master server , but when i thought i might close the ports , still .. couldn't connect to the master server , then i thought , ill only open TCP , not UDP , still .. can't connect to the master server , i forgot what ports i had closed or open before :sadbanana , please please help me .. im begging ... no litrally , im on my hands and knees here.

Thanks alot

Daniel - That Guy Whos In Need Of Desperate Help <<<
How exactly can we help ou? Can we see which ports you have open/closed???

If there is any way i CAN help, i will!
Well , i would like to know , what ports do you have open ? If you tell me , i will do the same , if it still dosn't work , ill get a new router.

Thankyou

Daniel
#4 - Gunn
You shouldn't have to open any ports to join a server.
My friend has 63392 or what ever it is UDP + TCP and it works for him .. so ill might aswell try that
Who is your ISP? And can you see servers in the server list at all, or are they all too slow to join or you get cut off too easily?

My thinking is that that your ISP could have blocked the ports belonging to LFS. This is becoming more and more common especially with 'free' broadband packages that are over subscribed - read Talktalk.

Actually, saying Blocked is not the correct term, they are actually Restricted or Throttled. Here is a quick test for you....If you can be bothered, try online racing after 12.30 midnight. This is when my ISP (Talktalk) lift the port restrictions and allow full bandwidth on LFS ports.
ISP - Zen , will open 69339 or what ever port it is , UDP + TCP , thats what it was before , then it'll work
Quote from Danielw597 :ISP - Zen , will open 69339 or what ever port it is , UDP + TCP , thats what it was before , then it'll work

Um not sure what you are saying there?

Is that a question or a statement that they have or are going to open the port?

The problem I had was that they opened up the port....then decided to throttle it again! Ive yet to re-contact them to question what it was all about.

Ports
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG