The online racing simulator
Lemon Ara
(49 posts, started )
Hey I like your Xsara mods, it really gives the vibes of that old french car Smile

I say a player online using a police skin on it:

It got me thinking, could you make add like a police light configuration for it? Doesn't have to be all complicated and fancy, just a simple light will do Smile

Let me know your thought!

Here some pics for inspiration:

Or something more complicated:
Quote from Marty_Deslions :It got me thinking, could you make add like a police light configuration for it? Doesn't have to be all complicated and fancy, just a simple light will do Smile

Thanks for the feedback Smile I have been recently contacted by a player who asked for a spoiler on a coupé. It has inspired me to create a "Christmas update" based on features requested by players. A very simple police version is also included. Enjoy Smile
Attached images
arac06.jpg
Found a little mis-placement

When using the driver position on the right, the beacon has a hole which I assume is where the cable goes

Attachment #1 : Driver Position on the Left
Attachment #2-#3 : Driver Position on the Right
Attached images
lfs_00000197.jpg
lfs_00000198.jpg
lfs_00000199.jpg
Thanks, it is fixed now Smile
So 2005! I love it!
Can you add road super please? thank youuu
Update: I have found a precise technical drawing of wheel alignment in a repair manual from 2004 and updated the front axle according to it. This fixed stability issues when braking and made the whole car more stable and little faster.

Quote from Giedriune :Can you add road super please? thank youuu

I have two versions of this mod. The first one does not allow road super tires but the second one does Smile

The five-door version is kept stock and is restricted to an opened diff and normal tires. If it was not restricted, nobody would use an opened diff and normal tires, which would spoil the meaning of the mod. On the other hand, the coupe version is much more permissive. A limited slip differential, a rear wing or an additional emergency light are also configurable. And for more advanced tuners, even the derivatives are allowed Smile
The way you do modding is five stars!
Quote from stuchlo :
I have two versions of this mod. The first one does not allow road super tires but the second one does Smile

The five-door version is kept stock and is restricted to an opened diff and normal tires. If it was not restricted, nobody would use an opened diff and normal tires, which would spoil the meaning of the mod. On the other hand, the coupe version is much more permissive. A limited slip differential, a rear wing or an additional emergency light are also configurable. And for more advanced tuners, even the derivatives are allowed Smile

Don't forget the T16 version i've made, it makes the car a bit more bonkers Big grin
Quote from timdecnodder :Don't forget the T16 version i've made, it makes the car a bit more bonkers Big grin

I was talking about the stock ones. Yes, there are rumors, that some quicker 'Aras' have been spotted in the wild. But one must be careful, when scrolling down the mods page. At least one of them bites Big grin
I was going to buy it on the Curise server but no power at low revs. If the maximum torque speed is around 4250 rpm, I think it will be enough.
Quote from seksen :I was going to buy it on the Curise server but no power at low revs. If the maximum torque speed is around 4250 rpm, I think it will be enough.

The mod is based on my daily with a TU5 JP4 engine. Yes, it has no power at low revs IRL and you have to downshift a lot before overtaking, but it is a very reliable and economical drive. There is always a compromise between realism and good stats, when recreating a real car. I personally like realistic mods more then ones which are "good to drive".

Anyway, thanks for the feedback Smile Updates of this mod are paused now, because I am going to rework this mod almost from zero in the future. The physics is quite good and feels similar to the real car but I am not satisfied with the graphics. Unfortunately there are major errors in the used blueprints and proportions are thus completely wrong. I made some corrections in Blender a few months ago, but it will be a lot of work before the refined mod will be ready for upload.
Quote from stuchlo :The mod is based on my daily with a TU5 JP4 engine. Yes, it has no power at low revs IRL and you have to downshift a lot before overtaking, but it is a very reliable and economical drive. There is always a compromise between realism and good stats, when recreating a real car. I personally like realistic mods more then ones which are "good to drive".

Anyway, thanks for the feedback Smile Updates of this mod are paused now, because I am going to rework this mod almost from zero in the future. The physics is quite good and feels similar to the real car but I am not satisfied with the graphics. Unfortunately there are major errors in the used blueprints and proportions are thus completely wrong. I made some corrections in Blender a few months ago, but it will be a lot of work before the refined mod will be ready for upload.

I actually wrote for the 2.0 coupe version, but I think the comment section of the two vehicles was combined. It was understood as if I wrote for 1.6. Lfs is my favourite 5800 rpm power speed and 3400 rpm torque setting in family vehicles. I even had the Bzg City vehicle adjusted by the developer, otherwise it cannot be towed. Smile
Quote from seksen :I actually wrote for the 2.0 coupe version, but I think the comment section of the two vehicles was combined. It was understood as if I wrote for 1.6. Lfs is my favourite 5800 rpm power speed and 3400 rpm setting in family vehicles. I even had the Bzg City vehicle adjusted by the developer, otherwise it cannot be towed. Smile

Sorry for misunderstanding. I have never driven the 2.0 version IRL and engine curves are adjusted according to data from the https://www.automobile-catalog.com. I made the coupe entirely as a contribution to the LFS community (a base for derivative mods). If you are interested in better dynamics (and stay as realistic as possible), you can use the following gear ratios: http://www.taylor-eng.com/gearing/be_ratios.htm. According to various forums, the 205 GTi gearbox should be compatible with the VTS coupe. I hope this helps. If not, you can still make your own derivative and tune the engine according to your liking Smile I am planning to adjust the coupe after I finish the 1.6 version. But it is a long run, because currently I do not have much time for modding and have two new licensed mods on the way.
Quote from stuchlo :Sorry for misunderstanding. I have never driven the 2.0 version IRL and engine curves are adjusted according to data from the https://www.automobile-catalog.com. I made the coupe entirely as a contribution to the LFS community (a base for derivative mods). If you are interested in better dynamics (and stay as realistic as possible), you can use the following gear ratios: http://www.taylor-eng.com/gearing/be_ratios.htm. According to various forums, the 205 GTi gearbox should be compatible with the VTS coupe. I hope this helps. If not, you can still make your own derivative and tune the engine according to your liking Smile I am planning to adjust the coupe after I finish the 1.6 version. But it is a long run, because currently I do not have much time for modding and have two new licensed mods on the way.

I tried for Duplato, if I can do it, maybe I will try to do it in 1.4 diesel version, but I don't have the enthusiasm to deal with it. I will think about it, maybe it will happen. Thank you.
Despite that I have paused development of this mod for a while, here is a little update. To test some functionality of the new LFS version, I have tried to update a police hazard lights using a rotating emitter. Also, the gearbox ratios are shortened for the racing configs.

Use following command to use rotating hazard lights on the roof. Enjoy Smile
/light extra toggle

Attached images
ara_police_update.jpg
Attached images
extra_light_test.gif
I like the new light Thumbs up. Is the faces of the lights not appearing when seen from its opposite side a LFS thing?

Noticed though the steering wheel is missing in the RACE config
Attached images
lfs_00000014.jpg
lfs_00000015.jpg
lfs_00000016.jpg
lfs_00000017.jpg
lfs_00000018.jpg
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Noticed though the steering wheel is missing in the RACE config

Thanks for the bug report, it is fixed now Smile

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Is the faces of the lights not appearing when seen from its opposite side a LFS thing?

I have misused a back-face culling method here. One side approximates a light in a direction towards a viewerand he opposite side (with a hole) approximates reflections in the glass, when the light is directed from the viewer. It is not realistic, but looks ok from a distance. If you take a closer look, an outer "glass" is flipped completely. I made it like this to enable players to adjust the light color using a skin. Making strange rendering effects is my favorite part of modding Big grin
Oh nice interesting use of it haha. I was curious if it was intentional Big grin
If anybody is borred on christmas 25 evening we will host some pachanga races at www.cesav.es 22h15 CET Come and join the fun!
Quote from loopingz :If anybody is borred on christmas 25 evening we will host some pachanga races at www.cesav.es 22h15 CET Comme and join the fun!

Wow, I hope there will be some screenshots or a video. It is nice to know, that these mods are being used Smile

Btw, I have found how to fix the model proportion problems. I will combine the official blueprints from Citroen advertisements (these are used now and unfortunately have some distortions) with a more precise WRC version blueprints from Heller, which have more realistic lengths and windows. Also, I prepared some IRL chassis photos for more realistic suspension limits. Updated mod will come after a finished Škoda Felicia mod.

Lemon Ara
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG