The online racing simulator
Low skid sounds.. but only on one side
I dunno whats going on, but if I turn sharp left and start skidding, i can barely hear the skidding noise. In the opposite direction, it is nice and loud always. Tried reintialising the sounds, restarting LFS, rebooting my PC... but nothing works

All the engine sounds are of equal volume in each ear. This has only occured since i put on the new test patch (u12-13) but im sure that cant be related. can it?
is your speaker blown out on the side its not working lol?
Everything else is fine.. music, windows sounds etc.. I dunno whats up. Its damn annoying though
#4 - ajp71
Try reinstalling Patch U and see if it goes away, if it does then tell Scawen as it's obviously caused by the new test patch.
Quote from ajp71 :Try reinstalling Patch U and see if it goes away, if it does then tell Scawen as it's obviously caused by the new test patch.

I did try this but no go. I'm going to reinstall LFS completely now and see how that goes.

edit: Still screwed Everysound other than the skid sound is coming through fine.
Quote from ajp71 :Try reinstalling Patch U and see if it goes away, if it does then tell Scawen as it's obviously caused by the new test patch.

How can you say that when nothing to do with the sound engine has been changed in ANY patch recently or even since a long time ago?

Correct me if im wrong.....

Also, could it just be that nothing else is set to use Stereo? Try a FPS game and turn around in front of a fixed sound source or something and see if it changes from one speaker to another. Music from WMP would still sound fine if it was on Mono, and even if on Stereo you would probably be unable to tell the different if just one of your speaker was slightly damaged, e.g. the tweeter is dodgy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG