(To WR people) Any tips on how I can get a WR?
hey ppl!, I've been wanting to get a WR for ages and ages, even some of you from the LFS chatroom knew during the S1 days . I wanted to ask the WR people if they can give me any tips on getting a WR. Now, I know that each track and car, you have to improve on it yourself but I wanted to know if you WR people take certain steps to achieve WRs. Hope biggles and Flotch could leave a post here . Thanks!
drive fast
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :drive fast

Lol!

Leprekaun, the best way at the moment is to find some obscure combo.

There are no tricks, it's all down to practice and talent.
Well to start with you need to be a loner without much of a social life. Then you need to do about 2million laps on your chosen combination, next is to find all the possible cheats/shortcuts/exploits you can to gain that extra 10th.

If all else fails, you can just settle for being able to overtaking and have track awareness...then set the races to reverse grid and see the hotlapper crash in T1 while you overtake 22 cars and win.
#5 - th84
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well to start with you need to be a loner without much of a social life. Then you need to do about 2million laps on your chosen combination, next is to find all the possible cheats/shortcuts/exploits you can to gain that extra 10th.

If all else fails, you can just settle for being able to overtaking and have track awareness...then set the races to reverse grid and see the hotlapper crash in T1 while you overtake 22 cars and win.

Or just clone biggie and put him in your car!!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well to start with you need to be a loner without much of a social life. Then you need to do about 2million laps on your chosen combination, next is to find all the possible cheats/shortcuts/exploits you can to gain that extra 10th.

and there goes the common, someone is fast on a single lap they can't race, spend too much time playing the game, cheating, etc comment, its totally untrue 90% of the time, most people who are fast on single laps are just fast racers too, but I guess it makes you feel better by saying they are not

Oh yea, totally true, none of us people with WR's have a social life and NONE of us can overtake cars or have track awareness.

You got it spot on QS. :insane:
I was actually playing on that I must need to work on my sarcasm.

I have had about 3 WRs, but i never bother to keep up to date with them, so they are beaten now. Its not that hard, sometimes its a case of either making a setup change and finding it gives you extra time. Or its a case of finding a new way to take a corner thats a bit faster.

The key to it is, practice.
Well, being quick doesn't mean you are a good racer, just like being slow doesn't mean you are a good racer.
And being a good racer doesn't mean you have to be slow, or that you are quick.
Some people can hotlap all day long and race with the best of them, others are great at lap times but have no idea how to keep someone behind, and lack a lot of racecraft.

As for WRing, I don't have one, so maybe I'm wrong. But I always feel there is something I'm missing. I find myself quicker with the right settings, so I make sure my FOV and steering angle is the same as people who are quicker than me. I used to always ask quicker people what FOV they use, or what setting they had 'xxxx' on, to see if that helped me. Quite frequently it did.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well to start with you need to be a loner without much of a social life.

says the man with 3600 laps driven around AS Club in the XFR
Quote from Tukko :says the man with 3600 laps driven around AS Club in the XFR

got me on that one lol

I can honestly say only 120 of those were in an empty server while practicing for a 60 lap gp I rekon the first 2000 accounted for the lack of good grades in my first year at college
Quote from Leprekaun :biggles

who's that? illepall

Perhaps you can make a few screens of your option-menu tristan?

i'm trying different things, but most of the fast racers doesn't share there "options".
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It's all about working on your line like crazy until you've figured out a way to get those precious tenths, and then lapping over and over until you get that perfect lap. :P (Mostly just aggravating because you usually have to push so hard that you get rid of the safety buffer you normally use in a race so restarts are quite frequent.)
a good combo to get a record on-BF1/Blackwood rally

If your really desprate for one than go or something odd. If your close to a record then keep practicing.

I'll eventually have a wr, i'm young and i still need to get a wheel.
Try uploading a hotlap on that combo then...illepall
My advice would be to find a nice track and car combo. Then i would start lapping, i would keep lapping untill i am comfortable to drive the track and i know all of the corners and braking points of by heart. Usually if you think you have done a perfect lap well you havent, it may have been perfect without mistakes but recon some of the corners that you take can be taken faster with only some more belief and comitment. My advice to you is after you have done a good lap or you feel you have done a good lap, output the data as a raf file, the go and download a wr replay of the record lap and output the data from that lap. Then using analyze for speed load up you lap and the world record lap and play the replay, it will compare your lap to the wr and shows you the speed, gear, brake points etc..

You can compare you lap and see where you are loosing time.....

btw analyzeforspeed can be found in the unofficial addon section in the mods database sticky thread.... its very handy...

i aint wr holder but i am not slow either and have come close to a few records pre patch......

anyway good luck with it

mad
Cunning plan 5
Wait for incompatible patch and then quickly randompick something old and reversed.
Quote from Madman_CZ :My advice to you is after you have done a good lap or you feel you have done a good lap, output the data as a raf file, the go and download a wr replay of the record lap and output the data from that lap. Then using analyze for speed load up you lap and the world record lap and play the replay, it will compare your lap to the wr and shows you the speed, gear, brake points etc..

I make it simple - I take wr hotlap, take a test drive (or find set from hottlapper to tweak - thanks Eza, great setups) for a comfortable set... and then... I am 2-5km/h slower in every apex

@Qucksilver - tried that, but sustaining position for couple of laps when being 2s behind per lap?
Steroids, perhaps?
find a good setup for you, find a track you like, then imitate the fastest man there until you find how to be faster...then do a hlvc lap (don't try stupid tracks where it is very hard to be hlvc ok ; i.e. trying to beat biggie on FE green ). If you are without worrying too much about the aspect of glory, take a reverse track : less people spent time there so it is sometimes easier to beat the faster man.
Quote from Madman_CZ :

btw analyzeforspeed can be found in the unofficial addon section in the mods database sticky thread.... its very handy...

i aint wr holder but i am not slow either and have come close to a few records pre patch......

anyway good luck with it

mad

Hmm I cant find it, I used to use this program alot, but its hard to get it working right Anyone know where I can find it? and does it work with S2?
Here you go: http://www.ctd-racing.com/AFS/

Works with S2, haven't used it for quite some time, but it should work with the newest version. If I'm wrong please correct me.
find an unpopular combination, there are plenty out there. the league I'm in with ufr's has seen 2 of us lapping under wr time on occasions, on race sets...
Unnofficcial addons.

I think it's something you learn when you start to really get LFS, like when I 1st started LFS I would race with people like Sidi, Kaybe, Modoff and people like that and they would do half the laps but still have those vital few tenths over me.

But now it seems that the lines and stuff are alot easier to get but it's not a case of geting the right line, it's getting the right line which you feel fastest with.

Also, If i'm learning a new combo I will start slow for a lap and be really sh!t, then I will try and go fast and slide off. But sliding off helps me know how fast I should be going and is a kind of limit tester to the corner speeds.

So if you just drive round and gradually go faster without going off, try adding a few Mph/Kph onto your corner speed and see if you can hold it, but make sure your exit is good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG