The online racing simulator
Where is Eric?
(28 posts, closed, started )
Black and white? whats that?

Edit: time fault thing, my post should be at end
Black & White was an odd game. It was a sort-of 3D "god sim"-style game where you manipulated the world with a giant godly hand cursor. But there were also giant creatures you could train to help you out. Of course the training was very much hit and miss, but in a fun way. It was an interesting AI to play with.

There was a sequel but I never tried it, same premise but looked to have more of an RTS tilt to it. And they apparently made the creature training a bit easier. It needed it, but to be honest wandering around the world doing other stuff for half an hour only to come back and find that your expertly-trained creature hadn't been helping your villagers at all - he'd been throwing them in the ocean - was the funniest bit.
LOL
I have to try the game now
Where is Eric?
I dunno, Eric seems to be the unknown entity of the dev team, Viccy and Scawen are always here posting about stuff, but we rarely (if ever) see Eric commenting on anything.

On the Internet, Nobody can hear Eric scream... <.<

Eric's locked in the back room coding whilst Scawen and Victor are out partying with teh ladies
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I dunno, Eric seems to be the unknown entity of the dev team, Viccy and Scawen are always here posting about stuff, but we rarely (if ever) see Eric commenting on anything.

On the Internet, Nobody can hear Eric scream... <.<

We rarely get to hear/see much from Eric on the forum or via the rare interview, I guess he's held captive by Scawen & Victor, plugged into some neural computer somewhere in a hidden underground bunker and just thinks of what scenery etc he needs and this secret mainframe computer the devs have developed creates the tracks instantly from his brain patterns!

It's probable his eyesight has dimished so much that he cannot see in strong light anymore, and I wonder if the images of ham and eggs and rare steaks appearing on the signage for the new tracks means he is sick of that mush they feed via the tubes? Oh Well, Eric if you read/scan this drop us a line to say Hi.

We appreciate all your hard work
ShannonN
Scawen said at the first karting meet he's a very shy and quiet individual, who's obviously far more used to operating a mouse than a keyboard.

But we miss you Eric! We need more photos so Tiny can print them off as posters and put them up on her wall.
I found eric^^
Attached images
where is eric.jpg
Quote from MataGyula :"Where is Eric ? "
Now thats a good question :| Ey Eric, if You hear us, say something ,please ! ( for example : Hi )

Even if Eric gives any form of acknowledgement would be ok, Hi or a massive post explaining his unknown status here. Either would be fine.

EDIT: Just checked at the old RSC forums, and he was quite active in the early days, but not so much in the later times of now.

Edit2: Isn't this post of his Ironic?
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... ?p=904100&postcount=6
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Even if Eric gives any form of acknowledgement would be ok, Hi or a massive post explaining his unknown status here. Either would be fine.

Or maybe him not posting would be fine as well? I don't think he signed a contract with you that says he has to be active writing on the forums.

Obviously I'm not saying he shouldn't post, I'm just saying, it's up to Eric how often he posts. I'm certain that if he felt there was something important to say then he'd make a post.

I don't think he would appreciate people saying how bizarre it is that he doesn't post. But then again he won't respond to that kind of comment because he doesn't think it warrants a reply. My point is, threads like this really don't make Eric more likely to become active on the forums.
#13 - joen
I think Scawen and Victor "forgot" to tell Eric when LFS was getting it's own forum and he's still posting at RSC wondering where everybody went
j/k eric
Ever thought that he might not even need or want to post here?

By the ammount of 'dev-swarming' that goes on, he would probably waste more time here if he started posting.

No doubt he just checks the bugs and gets on with his work. So far he has done a damn fine job so I say leave the man alone.
#16 - joen
Its not 'eric' its E.R.I.C, which is Electronic Remote Inteligence Controller, basically Victor and Scawen are just 'Nodes' of him, he doesnt have a direct output as yet hense no postings.

Troy
Quote from FlintFredstone :Its not 'eric' its E.R.I.C, which is Electronic Remote Inteligence Controller, basically Victor and Scawen are just 'Nodes' of him,

Maybe he's Eric, the schoolboy from 29 Acacia Avenue, who leads an amazing double life.
And puts bananas in his pocket half eaten!!!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe he's Eric, the schoolboy from 29 Acacia Avenue, who leads an amazing double life.

lol! flashback to childhood cartoons!
Quote from Shinanigans :Eric's locked in the back room coding whilst Scawen and Victor are out partying with teh ladies

Or is it the other way around, eh? Because you only see Victor and Scawen over here, there isnt much to do in locked room so they have time to post
Agreed, Eric must be a stud.
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed, Eric must be a stud.

well look at him ... hes got the widest shoulders of all the devs and the biggest frame by far ... hes obviously the alpha-dev
I reckon that Eric is moonlighting as the stig, so he is kinda busy
Did Eric work on the game Black and White among others?
This thread is closed

Where is Eric?
(28 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG