The online racing simulator
New Version 0.7C
(37 posts, closed, started )
New Version 0.7C
Dear Racers,

We have released a new update with some useful improvements. The most noticeable thing is a new entry screen which shows a list of upcoming events from the calendar. Community members run individual racing events and championships every week but you might not know about them unless you visited our calendar page. Now they are presented each time you start LFS. There are links to each event's web page (and sign up, if required) and a button to directly join the event's host. Some events have a live broadcast and in that case there is a button to go straight to the live stream on YouTube, Twitch or any other platform.

Another visible update is the new wireframe view in the garage viewer mode. New mods are now reviewed openly by community members before they are published. The wireframe feature can be useful if you want to have a closer look at a model.

Also notable is the text entry system. We first made some changes which are helpful when using the LFS editor. When you right click on a slider bar, the original value is now there as "selected text" which can be freely ignored if you want to type in a new value, or edited if you only want to make a small change. The same system is applied to all pre-filled text entry boxes. As usual, one thing led to another and we ended up with much better support for multiple input languages. Previously, LFS needed the whole computer to be set to one specific language, but now the input language can be changed while typing.

There are various other changes, including a finer adjustment to force feedback while driving, and downloading of mods while joining a host.

Please read the full list of changes on the Live for Speed version 0.7C page.

Attached images
lfs_calendar_screen.jpg
yeah Thumbs up
thx
Good. I got the update from discord thankfully the 7A to 7C is only a few megabytes. But I still can't download anything hosted on I3D. Scawen or Victor can you please look up my thread and check what's happening. Please.
Think this is an nice update so thanx.

But i'm just wondering how the progress is on the graphical one.Taped Shut
My plan is to get stuck into the tyre physics. The new tyre physics system is in the development version with the new D3D11 graphics system. So if I can get the tyre physics to a releasable state, then we'll be very close to releasing the graphical update (with the tyre physics). I can't give any time estimates but that is what I intend to focus on for now.

There are a lot of good suggestions for more improvements in the mods system, but it will be easier to develop such things in future when I only have one version of code to maintain.
Quote from Scawen :My plan is to get stuck into the tyre physics. The new tyre physics system is in the development version with the new D3D11 graphics system. So if I can get the tyre physics to a releasable state, then we'll be very close to releasing the graphical update (with the tyre physics). I can't give any time estimates but that is what I intend to focus on for now.

There are a lot of good suggestions for more improvements in the mods system, but it will be easier to develop such things in future when I only have one version of code to maintain.

Thanx for quick answer Heart Can't wait
Really nice update, looks good and with having the opportunity to join an event/leaugue at your fingertips it makes it much easier.
#9 - FIZ
Quote from Scawen :My plan is to get stuck into the tyre physics. The new tyre physics system is in the development version with the new D3D11 graphics system. So if I can get the tyre physics to a releasable state, then we'll be very close to releasing the graphical update (with the tyre physics). I can't give any time estimates but that is what I intend to focus on for now.

The time has come!!!
We can happily wait months for this, you gave us a much better LFS we can play a lot with.
The new tire system would bring also variable wet/dirt/oil on tracks? Asphalt temperature changing? Vehicles with 5+ tires?
Were looking forward to it!
Cheers!
LFS is super polished as always. Nice job on these features. I hope and I trust that you can reach something great on the tires!
Thanks for the update. Good work as always.

Keep us updated about the tyre physics and graphical updates.
Think Eric is busy with Fern bay ? Did I Say That?
Oh yeah, no longer XF GTR in Blackwood Rallycross on entry screen.

EDIT: ( I know it is on the files though )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Oh yeah, no longer XF GTR in Blackwood Rallycross on entry screen.

Big grin Does feel strange with the XF GTR not being their to welcome us after all these years.
Quote from bishtop :Big grin Does feel strange with the XF GTR not being their to welcome us after all these years.

80% yes
Perfect job as always!
Ok, I love the wire frame view (now we can marvel how unnecessary complex the keyhole is).
Is there a way to make the events list go away though? I don't care much about events so that's lost on me and I'm already missing the car that was my lfs greeting for past 15 years. #bringitback ;-)

Also, while we're here, we are still waiting for Rallycross arena.
Same like layout square but with different surface type and some random variance to land elevation. That shouldn't be so hard.
Awesome, thanks Scawen Smile
Quote from JoRuss :Ok, I love the wire frame view (now we can marvel how unnecessary complex the keyhole is).
Is there a way to make the events list go away though? I don't care much about events so that's lost on me and I'm already missing the car that was my lfs greeting for past 15 years. #bringitback ;-)

You can type /eventlist=no to hide the list.
Quote from Flame CZE :You can type /eventlist=no to hide the list.

Cheers. That cheat code actually worked.
Now what do I type to bring the car picture back? ;-)
Quote from JoRuss :Now what do I type to bring the car picture back? ;-)

Have a look in lfs\data\pics - need to rename 1 file,I tend to believe it's quite selfexplaining if you have image previews.
Quote from Eclipsed :Have a look in lfs\data\pics - need to rename 1 file,I tend to believe it's quite selfexplaining if you have image previews.

Yeah, just figured that out.

copy data\pic\bkg_entry.jpg data\pic\bkg_entry2.jpg

and the car is back Smile
Great, thanks for this new version.

Found a minor UI bug. I installed fresh full 0.7C setup. After the licence agreement in the car/setup view I opened the viewer. Here, the UI of the viewer is overlapping the back/next buttons (see attached image).
Attached images
lfs_0.7C_bug.jpg
When new Fern Bay pictures?
something went wrong in this patch. now it is no longer possible to race with Fbm, fox, f08 and any other car that has brake adjustment on the track, because whoever uses the arrows as a directional to guide the car is constantly lowering the % of the brake and stabilizer bar.

return this function and pitstop instructions and adjustments after pressing ctrl pls Frown
This thread is closed

New Version 0.7C
(37 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG