The online racing simulator
Error: Total PNG area limit of 5 megapixels exceed by 4.8 megapixels!
Hello friends!

Today I was going to upload a new mod that I'm doing, however, when generating the compressed file, an error appeared: Error: "Total PNG area limit of 5 megapixels exceeds by 11.2 megapixels"

I eliminated several details that would be just visuals from my mod, and still persisted: "Total PNG area limit of 5 megapixels exceeds by 8.3 megapixels"

I decided to eliminate for testing the seats, the gear shift lever and the steering wheel and the error persisted!

Now I deleted some textures, and the error now says: "Total PNG area limit of 5 megapixels exceeds by 4.8 megapixels"

I don't know what else to do, can anyone help me? I am very grateful in advance!
Attached images
LFS_EDITOR ERRO.jpg
** Best answer **
It's all about the area of the textures.

For example a 1024x1024 texture is 1 megapixel. A 512x512 texture is only 0.25 megapixels.

You need to look at the png textures in your model, see which ones are large and think of a way to get the effect by using smaller textures.

Sometimes you can do a lot with repeating textures, so for example on those seats you should use a very tiny texture, on a small mapping, so the texture repeats.

Maybe you are using large textures that would look fine if reduced in size. Basically there is no need in a game quality mesh, to use more than 5 megapixels. These limits allow mods to download quickly and make it practical to be online with a lot of different cars.
Quote from Scawen :It's all about the area of the textures.

For example a 1024x1024 texture is 1 megapixel. A 512x512 texture is only 0.25 megapixels.

You need to look at the png textures in your model, see which ones are large and think of a way to get the effect by using smaller textures.

Sometimes you can do a lot with repeating textures, so for example on those seats you should use a very tiny texture, on a small mapping, so the texture repeats.

Maybe you are using large textures that would look fine if reduced in size. Basically there is no need in a game quality mesh, to use more than 5 megapixels. These limits allow mods to download quickly and make it practical to be online with a lot of different cars.

Thank you so much Scawen!

It worked out! I reduced most textures from 1024x1024 to 512x512 and it worked! I had to remove some details from my project such as 3d engine, transmission, extinguisher and other irrelevant details, but the important thing is that everything worked out! Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG