The online racing simulator
Using an Xbox 360 controller.
(9 posts, started )
Hello, I decided to download the free version of LFS to see how it is. Seems pretty decent so far. However, there are a few issues I've noticed when playing with a controller. Yes, I'm aware that this game is mainly for steering wheels. Problem number one is the sensitivity. Trying to maintain a straight line is hindered by the slightest movement of the right joystick. Problem number two is the throttle axis for the left and right triggers. It is in reverse. The right trigger is the brake, for example. Any advice is appreciated. And once again, I realize the preference for play is to use a wheel.
You can invert and assign the axes in the options, controls>axes/ff

as for the steering issues, i'm not really sure if it'll help, but try increasing the axis range from the default 1000 and play with the wheel turn compensation setting

https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Game_pads
Thanks. The throttle axis issue is fixed. There is another issue, but its unrelated to this so I'll browse for a solution. I will let you know what my findings are with the steering issue.
#4 - w126
Quote from Bubs McRace :Hello, I decided to download the free version of LFS to see how it is. Seems pretty decent so far. However, there are a few issues I've noticed when playing with a controller. Yes, I'm aware that this game is mainly for steering wheels. Problem number one is the sensitivity. Trying to maintain a straight line is hindered by the slightest movement of the right joystick. Problem number two is the throttle axis for the left and right triggers. It is in reverse. The right trigger is the brake, for example. Any advice is appreciated. And once again, I realize the preference for play is to use a wheel.

Hello , i used a playstation gamepad for around 5 years and got fairly fast at some car and track combo's, for a playstation pad i found that having the analogue steer smooth option set to around 0.30 - 0.70 depending on each car, and Steer angle set to 90 degrees with wheel turn comp set to 0.69, worked well for me.

Car setups also helped a lot. The thing i didn't like when i tried an xbox gamepad was the long stem on the analogue sticks as it gave too much movement, where as with a shorter stem on a playstation pad gave me small incremental movements
Do not use steer smooth, just reduce the max lock in car setup and use linear steering by setting the wheel turn compensation to 0.
Quote from rane_nbg :Do not use steer smooth, just reduce the max lock in car setup and use linear steering by setting the wheel turn compensation to 0.

tried that, with playstation pad it helps keep a smoother corner without losing the rear( at least with FBM), helped me hit high 11s. Not so sure with an xbox gamepad though.

I had also used wheel turn comp to 0 with the setup thats in shared setups here on LFS but with a much lower steer smooth.
Sorry for the late response. I appreciate all your responses and help, and I believe I got the steering issue fixed.
Quote from Bubs McRace :Sorry for the late response. I appreciate all your responses and help, and I believe I got the steering issue fixed.

Good to hear, happy racing Thumbs up

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG