The online racing simulator
Lost the original archive
(5 posts, started )
Lost the original archive with the machine due to reinstallation of the operating system. How can I download the archive (I am the author of the mod) if the license does not allow downloading the original archive directly from the mod page?
1 - Load the mod in lfs, then close lfs. Open the "mods" folder of your LFS
2 - Drag the folder that contains your mod into the "vehicles" folder if your LFS editor
3 - Open LFS editor, and select it from the list
Quote from UniValvePlums :1 - Load the mod in lfs, then close lfs. Open the "mods" folder of your LFS
2 - Drag the folder that contains your mod into the "vehicles" folder if your LFS editor
3 - Open LFS editor, and select it from the list

Yes, already done, thanks. The only negative is that you have to manually change the format of all textures from .dds to .png - but it's not scary
** Best answer **
I think you should be able to download the original archive. That is important as you don't really want to use the dds files as there is a loss in quality when the dds files are created.

The method below works for me, but I'm not sure if it's because I have developer access. Please let me know if this works:

- visit https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods
- find your mod there (maybe search by user name)
- click the mod to go to the mod's own screen
- look down at the bottom right, above "Disputes"
- do you see a blue button to get the original archive?

Then you should have the png files, although they have been renamed to unique names, so that isn't helpful but at least the full quality is there.
Quote from Scawen :I think you should be able to download the original archive. That is important as you don't really want to use the dds files as there is a loss in quality when the dds files are created.

The method below works for me, but I'm not sure if it's because I have developer access. Please let me know if this works:

- visit https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods
- find your mod there (maybe search by user name)
- click the mod to go to the mod's own screen
- look down at the bottom right, above "Disputes"
- do you see a blue button to get the original archive?

Then you should have the png files, although they have been renamed to unique names, so that isn't helpful but at least the full quality is there.

Thanks, this method is much better

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG