The online racing simulator
Stalling
(10 posts, started )
Stalling
I only drive H pattern shifting cars, and I only use a manual clutch pedal. When I drive the FWD demo car, on the demo rallycross track, and I get it a bit out of shape, I depress the clutch, and apply some brakes, but the engine revs do not return to idle. What happens, is that the engine stalls. Even though I had more revs than the engine cranking speed would be at the time, and had the clutch fully depressed before I released the accelerator. IRL I would crank the idle speed up by 1 to 2 hundred RPM, if my car did this. I want to learn that car/track combo, because it is one of the more popular ones, but turning the ignition off, and then on again to restart the engine has become way too frequent for me to enjoy driving it at all. It's a damn shame, because the FWD engine you use is what attracted me to buy this game. Every other game I have tried has a dodgy FWD engine and I fell in love with this one on the first lap. I have been driving IRL since the seventies, and online for well over a decade, and I have never seen the likes of this before. I do not want to use an auto-clutch, because. WTH.
#2 - Sobis
I am not fully sure if I fully understood the issue but it seems that you are not giving it enough throttle when the clutch starts to bite? I agree that in real life at least the cars I have driven most of the time have a more forgiving clutch. It feels as if LFS engines have very low inertia when it comes to starting to drive.

When I want to start driving in LFS with reasonable real life revs (at or below 2kRPM), at first I give very little throttle to raise the revs and when the clutch starts to bite, I give it quite a bit more throttle, like 40% while at the same time releasing the clutch more aggresively.

You can try simulating the issue in single player and saving a replay for us. To save a replay, simply press "2".
I am not letting the clutch out at all, Sobis. This is happening while the clutch is fully engaged. I am not starting to drive, I am sitting stationary, with my foot on the brakes, and the RPM just spirals down to zero, and never recovers. Next time I will keep a copy of the replay, as you suggested. Thanks for your response.
Hi man, I tried to replicate your issue but just couldn't. The revs kept idling at about 1k, even if I held brakes. It only stalls if I put it in gear, release the clutch, and do not apply enough throttle. Can you please send some replay?

edit: what did happen to me is if I lock the tires, it can also stall the engine mid-driving, but as soon as you release the brake engine starts again if the car has enough momentum and you are in an appropriate gear.
OK I will see if I can replicate it, and record it for you.
Shrug It must have been me. Hours of driving other FWD cars seems to have fixed my problem. It was about eight times, over twenty laps. I just did four in the same car, on the same track, with no problem at all. AC did teach me some weird driving techniques, for FWDs maybe I unlearned that.Schwitz
At least I could still see the bot at the end of the race this time, something changed, lol.
Maybe you accidentally pressed ignition button?
Yeah, that would do it. While the wheel was upside down, lol.
it happens Smile

Stalling
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG