The online racing simulator
Stupidvan 1
(4 posts, started )
Stupidvan 1
For the real petrol head's that enjoy the sometimes crazy past of motorsport and the automotive world, may I present a homage to the bonkers Ford Supervan 1. A 1st Generation Ford Transit that was essentially a Ford Transit body dropped onto a Ford GT40 chassis! A 5L V8 producing a claimed 435hp, 5 speed gearbox with fully independent suspension front and rear.

The model isn't an exact replica as I couldn't find one of the Ford Transit Mk1 but I found something that looks pretty close to it. The chassis is a modified F08 chassis, and set up to make this a lot of fun. It is a van, so its still quite top heavy so avoid aggressive kerbs or you might end up rolling XD, I have tried my best to limit this and the handling is quite good for what it is and should prove a good match for cars in the 300-350hp/ton power-to-weight class.

Here are some videos and pics of the original Supervan 1, which has gone into hiding somewhere unknown to the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKooLfhyEak

Followed by some screenshots of the model as it currently stands

Let me know what you think
Attached images
1971-supervan_-_1.jpg
1971-supervan_1.jpg
d0994963-a5ce-4a4b-9a2e-f4a0c62a35de.jpg
SV1.png
SV2.png
SV3.png
SV4.png
The next step in the evolution of the Stupidvan is Stupidvan 2.

This is based on Stupidvan 1 but has a chopped roof, lower ride height, a front splitter, rear wing and a bit of undertray aero......and a much wilder powerplant. I did some digging and discovered that Cosworth made a turbo version of its famous DFV, its called the DFX. It was used in Indycar for a number of years ranging from the late 70's to the late 80's and it dominated that era! So I thought why not try stick something crazy in the back of the van Smile

Initial testing is proving to be a lot of fun, lots of lag and then all hell breaks loose so you will have to plan your turns so that the big boost doesn't spit out the turn backwards or sideways with cooked tyres.
Attached images
SV2.1.jpg
SV2.2.jpg
SV2.3.jpg
SV2.4.jpg
SV2.5.jpg
Some more test shots, I have upped the wheel size, I think it looks better and is closer to the real Supervan 2.
Attached images
SV2.6.jpg
SV2.7.jpg
#4 - AR92
If you make a decent interior to it too, it can be a dope mod man. I love old vintage or heritage British Fords (including vans).

Stupidvan 1
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG