The online racing simulator
Rain in LFS
(11 posts, started )
Rain in LFS
Hello Devs. Why you don't add rain in lfs. Race would be much more exciting, especially for demo players who's driving only on one track. It dont have to be super realistic. I'ts only about a stratergy. Typically blackwood race w tih FBM is 4 laps from start to the end.But with the rain, players could take some risk in different weather conditions.
Novel idea, although maybe you can ask the server owners to make mandatory pit stops during race to make the race more strategic?
But it's anyway obligatory pit stop. In the rain u don't need to. Race with no obligatory pit but with rain is really difficult, because u dont know if you should risk and stay on actual tyres or change them.
You are obviously clueless of how much work is required to "add rain". It's not gonna happen any time soon, probably never, devs have much more important thighs to finish first.

Not counting the regulars, most player in demo servers are most of the time barely keeping the car on track even with perfect weather conditions, with rain it would be a complete crashfest.
Of course know I how much works it needs that's why i wrote "It dont have to be super realistic". You only came here and negating everything... Did you saw before you came it is improvement sugestions section?
And have you used the SEARCH function of this forum?

There's a huge (and because of mods, now slightly out of date) post that specifically logs most of the suggestions put forward for improving the game - https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... re-making-a-new-thread%5D

Your suggestion is #2 on list (and could also be included in #1).

As for someone who's done over 10,000 times more laps than you, has paid for an S3 license, and has been a member for over 10 years (as against your not quite 1 month) I think rane_nbg has the right to give his opinion on your post. And without being vilified for doing so.
Actually i play this game more than 10 years. And only created this account for the forum.
rane_bg wrote me that devs has many thing to do. But you give me link into post when one player has 100 many stupid and useless wishes. I think much better move would be give clear sign to devs about dynamic and rainy weather. And make only this one thing.
Quote from ultrafastdriver :Actually i play this game more than 10 years. And only created this account for the forum.
rane_bg wrote me that devs has many thing to do. But you give me link into post when one player has 100 many stupid and useless wishes. I think much better move would be give clear sign to devs about dynamic and rainy weather. And make only this one thing.

Is there a reason you use a another (demo) account to use the forum? Your main account has full access to the forum.
We had sort of an artificial rain in the E-Challenge championship.
Not much but it was honest effort Big grin
I dont even remember password and e-mail. Why u asking about it here. We should talk about the rain in LFS.
Honestly I don't see a point of wet conditions if it's just make grip worse... IMO track conditions should be more dynamic to give it any sense like improving grip on dry track, creating dry line on wet track, very slippery kerbs with wet conditions etc

Quote from michal 1279 :We had sort of an artificial rain in the E-Challenge championship.
Not much but it was honest effort Big grin

Nice effort but I ditched similar idea in my league after one season for one reason. It wasn't really felt like wet track, especially in tyre behaviour and wear.

Rain in LFS
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG