The online racing simulator
S2 mods
(7 posts, started )
S2 mods
Good afternoon everyone, I would like to suggest to the lfs team to allow s2 players to play with mods like s3. Both licenses are paid I don't think it makes much sense to add modifications to s3 and not s2. Of course the s3 is more expensive and that's why it has certain benefits that the s2 doesn't have, but they could add mods with some restrictions, such as mod limit on each server.
Quote :A fully working, commercial, alpha version of Stage 2 was released on June 24, 2005.

See quote. It makes sense to only allow the latest features to S3 and S3 only. My guess is that other than LFS licenses, they're not profiting much from LFS servers. It does cost to have them running as well as other LFS services.

Either way, I doubt LFS Mods will be made available for S2 users.
-
(cuprum) DELETED by kristofferandersen : not helpful
Os mods oficiais fazem conteúdo da licença S3.
Por isso que não podem ser usados na S2.
Does anyone really use the S1 and S2 licenses? I see it as a point in the game where buyers remorse can set in, and prevent people going all the way and buying the full game. Especially if the content that they get, with the S1 upgrade, does not live up to what they were hoping for. I think the devs should remove these two options (except for the people who already have them of course), and go with a two stage, free/paid game instead. Even put it up to 40 Euros, just to increase your revenue a bit. I would remove the "shopping trolley" from the free game, and put the FT2BR mod in its place. This would give the free game a car that demonstrates the benefit of your front wheel drive game engine, which I would love to show my A&&#!!@ friends, but I can't because they would have to shell out 36 Euros just to try it. Most of them believe in the A&&#!!@ FWD engine, and believe it works well, when A&&#!!@ does not in fact have a FWD engine at all. The current FWD car does not have enough power to highlight the difference between this game and ALL of the other second rate games. I can tell, because I know what to look for, but they have never rallied a FWD IRL. Forgive them lord, they know not what they say, and never will as it stands. You have a better product, showcase it. BTW, building a 1/4 or 1/2 mile dirt oval at Blackwood, and including that as another free option, would really showcase the FWD car...
-
(Kahn62) DELETED by Kahn62 : Not required any more.
I guess it makes sense to add at least 1 mod in the demo, but it would be extremely hard to decide which one - that would faithfully represent everything that the rapidly growing collection of mods in S3 have to offer. Which on the other hand does not make any sense at all Smile If you want it, buy it.
If you want people to buy it, make setups S3. Most people would chew their arm off to the elbow, for a chance to f@(# up thier perfectly fine cars.
I completely agree. A - The chance of the LFS devs making the mods system available to s2 or s1 users is almost none. B - The likelihood of someone spending just £12 more to play with mods and so many more servers is quite high. All the proof I need is the amount of demo vs licensed users playing before the mods update vs after the mods update.

S2 mods
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG