The online racing simulator
Daily Mod Update Limit.
(4 posts, started )
Daily Mod Update Limit.
It's really annoying having to re-download a mod like 4 times a day.
Some mods receive small updates in a short time, resulting in a literal spamm
Some mods made it 17 updates within 2 days. For example average size is 10 mb, keeping the last version we get a whole usless 160mb.
I think a daily update limit should be implemented, to prevent tiny changes and make the mod maker take his time to focus and put more work onto it.
Some people including me may not have a fast internet connection to download the mod over and over again.
Not to mention the mod package of every version is for that mod is existing in lfs files without replacing the older one, this is such a waste of space aswell .
random example: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/CB9FC7?changelog has the last updates in 10 minutes intervals and ~10 updates in a few hours.

Quote :Not to mention the mod package of every version is for that mod is existing in lfs files without replacing the older one, this is such a waste of space aswell .

Old versions need to be kept so that you can watch old replays.

There are situations where many uploads in a short time can be useful.
For example when several people are working on the physics together, giving feedback etc.
I think the better solution is an option an option to delete old versions (and re-download when needed, like skins)
Plus modders and server owners might have to think if too many updates or too many untested WIP cars are eventually becoming annoying.
It is also fault of servers when they allow so many WIP mods. Shrug
If many people are still working on physics as your example then it's still in development. It should have either not been uploaded yet or just fully been tested offline and a final version shall be uploaded then.
It's just the idea why mod makers are rushing with thier mod,
Its not a life support cable Big grin
U may take some time to make alot of changes or small ones
U may discover mistakes while further testing.
But not every single change need to be a new version.
Mods that are still in development are marked with a "WIP". (= work in progress)

I understand your point.
I hate it on wikis or github (where multiple users edit text or code together) and someone commits dozen of changes every minute.
It is like everytime they save locally, they also upload or publish. That is not the way.
Many quick uploads should only be done when nessecary, which is rare.

https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/C0B610?changelog is another example
today, 5:44
today, 6:03
today, 6:29
today, 6:59
today, 7:16
today, 7:20
today, 7:40
today, 8:49
today, 8:51
today, 8:51
today, 8:54