The online racing simulator
#1 - KD14
Tyres Temperature \ Lack of Multimod Dedicated
Since 0.7A we got the option to add and modify cars very easily, build whatever we want. But now we cant use tweaks to control tyres temperature for drifting, which is ironic.
As we all know, overheated tyres behaves like on ice in LFS.
Well its down to 3rd party modders to do this. hopefully they didnt completly give up and we shall see one soon.
#3 - KD14
How can 3rd party modders solve this issue?
It may be possible for the LFS devs to update the car editor to freeze tyre temperatures on a particular model. That may be a solution, although I'm not sure how easy it'd be to code this in.
Guys, let's wait that Scawen finishes his idea of new tire physics and only then see if there are any improvements required - I'm sure there will be a plenty of complaints that old was better Smile

I'm not that familiar with making mods, but I think that this tire overheat issue can be somehow solved by some manipulations in the mod? Maybe ask a mod creator if he can do something about it.
Quote from rane_nbg :I'm not that familiar with making mods, but I think that this tire overheat issue can be somehow solved by some manipulations in the mod? Maybe ask a mod creator if he can do something about it.

Really the most we can do now is make sure the cars are lightweight, tires are a decent size, and relatively low horsepower. (200 - 400bhp)

High horsepower eats through the tires quickly when drifting. Same when having a heavy car or thin tires.
A maximum tire heat temperature would be fantastic in solving this issue (Like what you can do with some Assetto Corsa settings)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG