The online racing simulator
Shift+U-cam focusing on car and other camera functions
Hi,

like the title says, I want an option that focuses the camera in shift+u mode on the selected car.
In this way it is easier to change the camera angle while focusing on the car without having this mouse-movement effect. Do you know what I mean?
With the up/down/left/right keys you would still be able to watch the car at different angles and distances but still focused.
(is there a key for tilting (moving up/down) the camera? )

An auto-rotation mode like in superbike 2000/2001 would also be nice.
So the camera constantly rotates around the selected car. Maybe with adjustable speed.

An additional improvement would be to being able to select a second car. So the camera automatically keeps the 2 selected cars in focus. So you are able to see your car and your chaser behind you without having trouble with the mouse. With the tap-key (or another) you should be able to change the second selected car.

Still, the shift+u camera view direction is relative to the track. So when you don't change the camera position the camera watches i.e. to north all the time. So when the car turns you see i.e. the back instead of the front. So you have to correct the camera angle with the mouse, what is not very good to handle when you want a smooth movement (when making movies).
It would be nice to have an option that enables that the camera is relative to the car. So it would be like the standard chasing view. But you can still move the camera (i.e. from behind view moving to position at driverdoor and then looking trough the window and watching the driver). In this way you are able to move the camera while the car drives a corner without correcting the camera angle with the mouse.
Also see this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=158739#post158739

It would also be nice to rework the shift-U camera movement borders. Esspacially at Southcity. Every time the car/camera comes close to the wall the camera doesn't go futher. It would be nice when this would be handled like the pit walls. So the camera "jumps" over the wall.

I think all this would help a lot making movies easier and makes watching replays more relaxed.

Hope you understood all my suggestions because my english is not perfect .

cu

Thorsten 'Land' W.
#2 - Bosse
I think you have some good ideas there

Quote from ksa_land :(is there a key for tilting (moving up/down) the camera? )

Press ctrl and up or downarrow to change the height. One bad thing though, you cant move or rightclick-watch-around at the same time.
thx for reply

will test this key combination when I have time.

cu
Quote from ksa_land :It would also be nice to rework the shift-U camera movement borders. Esspacially at Southcity. Every time the car/camera comes close to the wall the camera doesn't go futher. It would be nice when this would be handled like the pit walls. So the camera "jumps" over the wall.

BUMP

It would be very great if the camera movement was not restricted to be over the track and would be able to move all over the map!

(or if we can do it, can someone tell me how to?)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG