The online racing simulator
Invalidka (invalid car)
Working on the soviet car that was designed for people with disabilities
Its the SMZ S-3D. a total shtbox that is fun to drive
I'm planning to make some configurations like : convertible / Taxi / Rally
I'd like to hear your thoughts & suggestions Big grin
this is it irl, model is somewhat ready but I'm making fixes and stuff.. As driver can bearly fit inside 😂
Attached images
6M7A8411.jpg
Cool idea! Smile Good luck with the project! Keep the name "Invalidka", it's the best you can name it Smile I wish other guys named Soviet cars with their real folk names: TAZ09 was Zubilo (chisel), Truck66 was Shishiga (play of sound like "sixixka").

I saw them in childhood a lot in late 80s. They disappeared by the end of 1990s. Would be interesting to see how it works.

Recently some youtubers made videos about them and tried to put more powered engines (on the limit of the body strength).

Review #1:

Review #2:

Heavy mod with sport bike engine:
They have a bunch of these in the museum I worked at a few years ago, really interesting. Variants for people with one leg, or one arm, or no legs at all.
Yeh it seems fun to drive or race
I am really having issues fitting driver inside at the moment XD
-
(bayanofmansorofisky) DELETED by bayanofmansorofisky
Some updates on the.. thing
Gotta do some configs
Attached images
lfs_00000043.jpg
lfs_00000047.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
Awesome! But please keep also the original config with thin wheels.
edit: I posted data on tyres on sale, but they seem to have completely wrong data.

By the way, if you care a lot, rear lights were a bit different: the original ones with both stops and turn lights under red caps, like in old American cars.

The new ones were rectangular with separate lights. This one looks like 1980s to me.
Attached images
2020-06-22-mixnews-1017-1.jpg
2020-06-22-mixnews-918.jpg
Selection_010.png
it seems this is a more correct data. But I can't get the profile height ratio (probably it should be multiplied by x2)

125mm 40% height, 10" diameter
Attached images
Selection_011.png
It seemed to me that she was gaining revs and speed too quickly, I think the flywheel should be made heavier (Inertia Mul). Since I watched a video review on her and she barely gained 70-80 km / h
Otherwise a good mod.
Noted, thank you both I'll adjust these & they Will be in next version Big grin
Its horrible, Great job! Big grin Big grin Big grin
A bit too quiet. Smile But drives ok, like farming at TC with 50% restrictor Big grin
Yeh I've seen videos on YT they been driven and the only thing i could hear was bolts and steel parts falling apart, shame we can't include that in lfs
Another minor thing: seems indeed that wheels profile should be twice higher than "50" as it was written in Russian announcement. (I've read there's a limit to profile %, so you may just set it to max.).

Otherwise looks great. I liked the no-doors config Smile
Other people's numberplates are peeking through Smile
Attached images
lfs_00001243.jpg
hmm, i can confirm this car is cursed, everytime i edit something and save.. Another thing changes,
noted, also do you guys think i should join the hood ridges to body so that they are skinable along with the hood?
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :hmm, i can confirm this car is cursed, everytime i edit something and save.. Another thing changes,
noted, also do you guys think i should join the hood ridges to body so that they are skinable along with the hood?

Oh, that's quite annoying I guess. Don't worry, another day of waiting isn't a problem.

Yes, I think it would be better to have these pieces together.
In this video they show that the car has a sequential gearbox. IDK if that's settable.

3 small differences:

1) rear lights in the 1980+ are red+orange
2) their sides are also transparent, not chrome
3) the side gills are also painted as the body

I can try editing and fixing it myself, if you want.
Attached images
Workspace 1_002.png
Selection_015.png
Quote from detail :In this video they show that the car has a sequential gearbox. IDK if that's settable.

3 small differences:

1) rear lights in the 1980+ are red+orange
2) their sides are also transparent, not chrome
3) the side gills are also painted as the body

I can try editing and fixing it myself, if you want.

For the gearbox, I'm actually willing to leave it as H pattern rather than sequential gearbox as in bikes, mainly because the car have a normal engine not a bike engine.
For the Chrome stuff, i thought it was a little better to make it have some details like they showed in the first seconds of video.
For the lights yes i made them a little red ish in current v3.. I think ill adjust them in next version
The outside mirrors have not visible frame, looks bit strange.
The "rallye" setup is unrealistically high? "Shitbox" setup has flat tires? That is maybe a bit too shitty to include as a default setup. Smile
In general I think default setups should always be one driver one. (no passengers)
Quote from Gutholz :The outside mirrors have not visible frame, looks bit strange.
The "rallye" setup is unrealistically high? "Shitbox" setup has flat tires? That is maybe a bit too shitty to include as a default setup. Smile
In general I think default setups should always be one driver one. (no passengers)

Yes default setups are adjusted in my version
For the shitbox setup, it's a shitbox idk what you expect
Thanks for the note about the mirrors I'll adjust aswell.
One small thing: tires profile should be twice higher. ("50" in the Russian specs seems to be twice lower than is used in English.)
Quote from detail :One small thing: tires profile should be twice higher. ("50" in the Russian specs seems to be twice lower than is used in English.)

Sry I'm not quite sure what u meant there Big grin
do u mean diameter should be 2 units bigger? Uhmm

Invalidka (invalid car)
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG