The online racing simulator
Real XRT Drift Car
I've redone the XRT to have a quite realistic Japanese style essence, in my opinion. Most of the work has been done to the suspension, engine and weight setup. I did tweak the body, the wheels and tires, steering wheel, driver animation, etc as well...

I've redone the rear suspension to mimic a Silvia as best I could with double a arm, and the front Mcpherson design has been tweaked heavily.

Anyone who tests this car will realize that this isn't just an XRT with extra power, it drives unlike anything I've tried in LFS thus far, in a good way.

It might feel a little weird if you haven't tried a car like this in real life but it's definitely worth figuring it out!

I do need help figuring out how to let other people try it!!
Attached images
screenshot2.JPG
screenshot3.JPG
screenshot4.JPG
screenshot5.JPG
screenshot7.JPG
screenshot10.JPG
screenshot11.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
#2 - !!!!!
It looks even recreated the scrub made worse by modificationsUhmm
seems very promising
Hooray it has been approved as a WIP. I would love to hear feedback about it and peoples thoughts. It really won't seem normal, but I assure you it is meant to be that way!

[edit]
Ok so I got some very negative feedback on it! I went back through it and changed some characteristics and I think it’s really improved now. While you could throw in a very flashy reverse entry, It was not holding a wide line on throttle, making it hard to connect drifts. It also had a bad under steer during critical moments. I changed the COG to be lower and more forward, changed the KPI, SAI, extended the LCA a little bit. Changed the rear camber curve to be more aggressive, helps prevent too much rotation, which was another problem! I also adjusted the engine to be a little less peaky. Now you have to clutch kick to get it to spool properly, but it is easier to drive around drifts now as you blip the throttle rapidly.
_________
Here's a tip on how to drift this style of car.

Speed up in 3rd gear, gently turn to the left as you're flooring it. The car will drift slightly to the left.... Now, crank the wheel 90* to the right and pop off the throttle. Now counter steer very fast!!!....hold the clutch in, hold the wheel max to the left... Keep the gas floored and wait. you'll be sliding very hard now, wait, wait... Then, drop the clutch and return the wheel to straight!

You'll shoot off like a rocket!
Do they really run 0.80 bar in tyres for reverse entries?

Also do they really run 4.80 bars in tyres for drifting? I doubt that..
#5 - !!!!!
It is quite common to use a higher pressure to reduce sidewall sagging and to make it slippery or make smoke.
On the other hand, some people use 1 bar for longevity and grip.

if it's in the range of 0.5 to 15 bar, I can't say it's wrong.
Quote from !!!!! :if it's in the range of 0.5 to 15 bar, I can't say it's wrong.

At 15 bar, wouldn't pretty much any road tire turn into a balloon?
#7 - Tazka
Quote from !!!!! :It is quite common to use a higher pressure to reduce sidewall sagging and to make it slippery or make smoke.
On the other hand, some people use 1 bar for longevity and grip.

if it's in the range of 0.5 to 15 bar, I can't say it's wrong.

wut lol 0.5 would be like driving with flat tyre irl and 15 bar would explode. 2-5 bar is pretty common for drifting irl.
.5 to 7 Bar is the actual range that I use in real life. I have heard of up to about 8 bar before but that’s definitely excessive. Tires come off of beads at 8 bar.
Quite a good mod! I like it!
Quote from Driftee210 :Quite a good mod! I like it!

Thank you! I updated a few things on it, let me know if you like it!
#11 - Gunn
I once made a Yashio skin for the XRT. Something like that would suit your car I think ;-)
Send it to me, I’ll add it to the set! I love YF
Quote from Gunn :I once made a Yashio skin for the XRT. Something like that would suit your car I think ;-)

Did anything turn out from this? Would be better than the skin that's currently on there
#14 - Gunn
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Did anything turn out from this? Would be better than the skin that's currently on there

When I find the time I will probably remake the skin. I have most of the assets made (decals and YF logo etc) but am limited by how much time I can spend using my hands (medical condition).

I am also currently trying to complete an old school JPS lotus livery for the FOX.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG