The online racing simulator
Parts
(5 posts, started )
Parts
I've noticed some people have some lurvly rims, brakes and other parts in their renders. I was wondering, are they made by yourselfs of were they baught / free download from a site? I've attempted to make my own brake disks but tbh they look shit in comparison to others. I want to make me renders as good as possible, even if i have to learn how to make the parts! (even tho the brakes floped) It'll allow me to learn more.

Thanks, David.
#3 - joen
Don't forget our own texture database

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8785

There are some nice brake discs there for instance.
The wheels/rims are just materials in most cases. I always do the materials myself. Some textures too. Creating good textures isn't too hard, finding the right pictures for it is

There are renders that have completely redone wheels (guys like Snikki make those themselves). There are probably some available on sites I guess.
I don't know, they often look great but I think they also tend to "un-LFS" the cars, I like them to keep the LFS feel. Plus, I'm still a terrible modeller And I like the renders to be my own creation as much as possible. But that's a matter of preference I guess.
Thanks a bunch guys.
Quote from joen :Don't forget our own texture database

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8785

There are some nice brake discs there for instance.
The wheels/rims are just materials in most cases. I always do the materials myself. Some textures too. Creating good textures isn't too hard, finding the right pictures for it is

There are renders that have completely redone wheels (guys like Snikki make those themselves). There are probably some available on sites I guess.
I don't know, they often look great but I think they also tend to "un-LFS" the cars, I like them to keep the LFS feel. Plus, I'm still a terrible modeller And I like the renders to be my own creation as much as possible. But that's a matter of preference I guess.

I'm not a huge photoshop master so I rarely make my own textures, but I do all of the materials in max. I usually start with a brazil scene and delete all of the extra bits and then start making all the materials for vray. Then add the curved floor and start playing with lights illepall

I'm a bit lazy so remapping the cars is just too much for my epic lazyness

As for the wheels there's a few out there that look very LFS-ish except higher poly and generally nicer. I will always use this if I have the chance since nice smooth wheels really do add to the render

Parts
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG