The online racing simulator
"Flight" in LFS
(8 posts, started )
"Flight" in LFS
Hey guys,

Recently ive been brainstorming how to bring something new to lfs through
the use of the lfs model editor. Ive been playing with the idea of flight for awhile by using the
downforce mechanics and making the wings act as lift.

Ive made a couple lightweight planes and a paper airplane Big grin and by setting the lift low, around 0.300N with my tests, you can gain enough speed to slowly start to takeoff without losing tire grip and sliding around.
You can guess that the problems I'm running into is that there's no propulsion mechanics such as turbines or blade rotors to propel the plane through the air after takeoff.

Still lots of fun getting the plane over 180km/h where it likes to takeoff and trying to keep it in a equilibrium state of floating through the air, without letting the front wheels touch the ground (single rear wheel keeps the momentum up).

Not asking for this to be implementing into lfs, just thought id share the idea and see what people think. I wonder if it would even be possible to add a propulsion system into lfs. Maybe just a subobject that acts as propellers and spins the faster you move? then have a vector force coming straight forward 90 degrees from the propeller and have it work as long as youre on the throttle, to keep mid air momentum.

Let me know what you guys think, I think theres lots of potential to get creative with things like this

#3 - BeNoM
Reminds me of the plane mods for BeamNG and Assetto Corsa haha, cool stuff!
Impressed what people can extract out of this mod editor. Big grin

Would be funny to see replay with vehicle flying and then the same in forces mode.
#5 - FIZ
Oh my Gods.. all of them!!

I mean.. if this thing is actually "driveable" while flying, I am really curious to know what Scawen think about the possibility to do it and to make your flying dreams become true!

Yesterday I tested the mini-moto mod and the other motorbike mod and it was absolutely surprisingly good. Maybe LFS can do even more..

If he could add a new propulsion system for this.. I'd vote yes.

Can you post a video of the thing flying?
Quote from FIZ :Oh my Gods.. all of them!!

I mean.. if this thing is actually "driveable" while flying, I am really curious to know what Scawen think about the possibility to do it and to make your flying dreams become true!

Yesterday I tested the mini-moto mod and the other motorbike mod and it was absolutely surprisingly good. Maybe LFS can do even more..

If he could add a new propulsion system for this.. I'd vote yes.

Can you post a video of the thing flying?

haha yea sure ill see what i can do! Lemme get back to you on that ill post it here Wink
Years ago I did some tests with FBM using the cheat engine to modify the aerodynamics, the result was this one

Haha, couple of control surfaces, and we'll achieve stable flying. Smile

"Flight" in LFS
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG