The online racing simulator
FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
(9 posts, started , go to first unread)
FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
Vehicle mod: FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/428604

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A formula car semi follow F1 2022 rules. Yes harder than BF1.

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A formula car semi follow F1 2022 rules. If you feel this car harder than BF1 in low speed corner and easier in high speed corner, it is supposed to be like that because the following 3 reasons: Heavier, longer wheelbase, and low profile tyres.

engine: 1.6L V6 with a 2.6bar Turbo
transmission: 7 Speed Paddle shift
wheel: 18 inches rim, 305/405mm width, 720mm diameter
weight: 792kg(including driver)
fuel tank: 150L, which means when full tank 4+ sec slower
0-200km/h: under 6 sec
configurations: Halo YES!, Halo NO!
Maximum G: 5+ when over 300km/h

Feel free to make commentsSmile

Version 2:
Model:
-Add Halo with Ferrari SF71H style mirror configuration
-Reshaped sidepod
-Add venturi tunnel entry and get rid of bargeboard
-Replace steering wheel LED to BF1 style
-Mercedes style zigzag windscreen
-New front wheel cover & winglet
-Raise frong wing by raising front nose to match 2022 concept
-Mapping skins

Physics/Function:
-Rearranged Suspension mounting,changing weight distribution and lod3, which fixed the issues of can't reach higher speed, and front wing always hitting kerbs without visual touched.
-For self ignition and slick tyres, change vehicle class to Formula

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Not sure if this is a limitation of the mod or LFS, but in VR I can tell that when I'm looking slightly left, the right mirror "turns off" (turns grey) and vice versa, making checking mirrors with peripheral bothersome. At the very least, it's distracting to see it happen.

As for the car itself, I'm enjoying it! (as someone who prefers street cars)
Quote from Zopiac :Not sure if this is a limitation of the mod or LFS, but in VR I can tell that when I'm looking slightly left, the right mirror "turns off" (turns grey) and vice versa, making checking mirrors with peripheral bothersome. At the very least, it's distracting to see it happen.

As for the car itself, I'm enjoying it! (as someone who prefers street cars)

Sorry but I've just tested with both halo and non halo version and mirror appears normal with my Quest 2. Probably need to asks Scawen.

Happy you enjoying itSmile
No problem. I'm using an Index so I think it has slightly wider FOV. It really is just in the periphery.
I love this mod. But please change the steering wheel according to this time.
-
(kagurazakayukari) DELETED by kagurazakayukari
Quote from SpeedDemonn :I love this mod. But please change the steering wheel according to this time.

I've changed the design of steering wheel and now it looks modern. Still something to work. However the screen you may have to rely on LFSLazy.
Aha! The mirror issue I'm having is when I lean forward or move the driver view forward to better match where my real wheel is. I think the mirror effect has a near clip/culling field that doesn't take into account wide FOV + near distance situations. The effect can be replicated even in flat screen by setting the screen FOV high and moving the Y offset to around 0.125m.

It would be nice if this could be "fixed" in LFS itself, but a workaround would be to move the mirrors further from the driver if it doesn't ruin the design.
Quote from Zopiac :Aha! The mirror issue I'm having is when I lean forward or move the driver view forward to better match where my real wheel is. I think the mirror effect has a near clip/culling field that doesn't take into account wide FOV + near distance situations. The effect can be replicated even in flat screen by setting the screen FOV high and moving the Y offset to around 0.125m.

It would be nice if this could be "fixed" in LFS itself, but a workaround would be to move the mirrors further from the driver if it doesn't ruin the design.

Unfortunately that will have some negative impact on cornering because of inadequate vision. The non-halo version using the original FO8 mirror position so that's work with that extreme? condition.Shrug
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Unfortunately that will have some negative impact on cornering because of inadequate vision. The non-halo version using the original FO8 mirror position so that's work with that extreme? condition.Shrug

Yeah, I figured something like that. It's just a quirk of the current LFS rendering which I'm forcing to do something it wasn't meant to.

That's probably one thing that these mods in general will do: expose elements of the sim that don't quite deliver the best experience when in conjunction with a wider range of vehicles/scenarios that it was never meant really have in the first place. Hopefully it can lead to small improvements being implemented here and there.

FORMULA GROUNDEFFECT
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG