The online racing simulator
Entering The Pits
(20 posts, started )
Entering The Pits
Since nobody has yet posted a thread on this (I think no-one has) then I shall proceed. Many people find that they come in too fast thus slaming on the brakes and hoping they will be ok.

The dangers of entering the pits too fast;

-You enter the pits at 150kph, the pit speed limit is only 80kph. You slam on the brake as soon as a Drive-Through Penalty message pops up and either; 1)Come to a halt. 2)Slow down to a crawling speed. 3)Loose control under heavy braking.
-It is a 20 lap race and you pit when you see everyone else pit. You come in too fast and hit someone who is pitting in the first yellow marker, they are pushed forward and hit someone else, ETC. You are voted, and banned.
-Your car is severely damaged and you need to pit. You start to sverve across the track, causing a collision.

There are many more things that can occur while trying to enter the pits. And here are some tips on how to avoid collisions, enter the pits properly, and stopping in the yellow markers.

-You need to enter the pits. Note to yourself earlier in the race where exactly the pit enterance is, so that you know when to start to slow down. Upon the need to pit; approach the pit enterance, if you need to turn left/right and there are cars along side you then cautiously slow down making sure you are clear of the other cars and use the appropriate indicator (if you car has one) - 7=Left Ind. 8=Right Ind. 9=Hazards. 0=No Ind. - to warn others further behind of your actions. If there is no-one directly behind you, make the move into the "PITS" markings (normally two yellow lines) and start to slow down to 100kph, at this point press the Limiter key "L" and apply brakes until you reach 70-75kph. Once acheived that speed you may apply full accelaration. When you have entered the pits do not turn into the first yellow box. Move further down and use the "V" button to switch to the no-dash view. Stop the car when your wheels are centered and are about half a metre away from the front part of the yellow box. The pitting will begin. Once complete use your mirrors to see if there is anyone else using the pit lane, and manouvre out appropriatly*.
-Your car is severely damaged and you need to enter the pits. Drive at a reasonable speed of around 100-120kph and stay on the outside of the racing line. If possible have your Hazzard lights on - Press "9" - to warn other players. Follow previous procedure for entering Pits.

*- For exiting the Pits please read the following:
Quote :4. Exiting pits: When exiting pits make sure that it is clear before you enter onto the racing line. Use of the track map and the look left & right keys/buttons is recommended. If cars are approaching, do NOT leave the pit lane, Drivers found doing this will receive a warning.
NEW as of 21/09/05!!! Please do NOT cross the pit exit line when leaving the pits unless there is an obstruction that makes it impossible not to do so. Make this a habit at all times because during most if not all CRC Sanctioned Events, a penalty will be issued without warning for putting ANY part of your car over the pit exit line.

Some important notices:
Drive-Throught Penalty-After you exit the pits you are required to do a lap in which you have to enter the pits and drive throught at the limit (80kph)
30/45 Second Time Penalty- Means that that amount of time will be added ontop your final time, thus if you finish 1st and get **:21.56 and #2 gets **:22.10, they will be ranked at #1 (I think)

This is a basic guide to exiting the pits and is not official. There is nothing complicated about doing so, apart from basic logic. If you want to post any rants, comments, errors, death-threats, compliments - they are accepted by me, and will be appriciated.

Some important links:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5724-Help if you got banned + how to avoid it.
http://www.cleanracersclub.org ... mp;file=viewtopic&t=6-Racing Rules

Thankies
Sticky?

Since there have been afew posts on "entering pits?"
Surely it's common sense?
some say otherwise
Please change the green. Its too bright.
Quote from zeugnimod :Please change the green. Its too bright.

+1

I had to highlight it just to read it.

speedfreak227
Quote from xWolFx :some say otherwise

You're right.... I guess we do live in a world where coffee cups come with a label stating the contents may be hot
Quote from the_angry_angel :You're right.... I guess we do live in a world where coffee cups come with a label stating the contents may be hot

And you shouldn't iron your clothes while you wear them

It's a good read and could be useful, but I don't think it's really sticky material, although some people might disagree with that.

P.S. The green is too bright... I highlighted it too, so it was more gentle on my eyes..
Sticky It
Sticky it, its useful :P
More stickies? changed colour
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Taken into account, but:

There was a post made yesterday about something to do with pitting, and I have seen other numerous posts, plus the fact that I made this guide about 2 months ago, so i dont expect everyone to like it, and there are some things which do need to be changed. If I have missed anything of importance such as
Quote :Your guide isn't very detailed. It's only appropriate for cars fitted with a pit limiter running on circuits featuring pit lanes which can be entered at 80kph (try that on AS Cadet or North, or KY GP Long in a road car).

A better suggestion would be to try pitting a couple of times on each circuit and pick a braking point just as you would for a corner.

then please do post what I missed or on what can be improved and when I get some spare time off school and coursework, then I will take it all into MS Word and type up a proper guide. Firstly, lets see what the sticky + and - posts add up to, so far its:

+3

Total:
+2
My post meant -1 too. And if you want this to be correct, make it a pole (no, please don't).

Just revive the thread when you made a proper, complete guide. Telling n00bs to use the right indicator isn't usefull, because there was a thread a while ago about what indicator should be used in what situation... If you want it to be a guide, it must be fool proof (or almost at least).
Because you posted two threads that means -2? I will leave it at 0 for now, will work on 'The Pit Guide' when I can. If possible someone lock this thread oh and flippy, why are you alive, I thought you died in a crash with an RB4 thats why I havent seen you
When did I drive a RB4, that's ages ago, ? And I have raced in the mean time. I haven't been visiting the forum lately because of games, including LFS, but also others.

Stop hoping I'm dead!
I never hoped you were dead *mumble mumble why wont he die mumble*
Quote from sgt.flippy :And you shouldn't iron your clothes while you wear them

i know someone who tried to iron his shirt collar when he was wearing it !!

came into pub with what looked like the worlds biggest love bite on his neck
Quote from xWolFx : I never hoped you were dead *mumble mumble why wont he die mumble*

Because I'm a more important life form than you

Quote from tinvek :i know someone who tried to iron his shirt collar when he was wearing it !!

You shouldn't know someone like that, not even meet, and especially, for godsake, do not be friends with it!!
thanks for the tips. as a newbie, i really appreciate it.
No Problemo. I tried to iron my sleeves whilst shirt on, iron fell on my hand.

Entering The Pits
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG