The online racing simulator
FXO Sport AWD
(34 posts, started )
FXO Sport AWD
Hello!

I have made this thread for everyone to leave some feedback about my mod: FXO Sport AWD! https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/A4D807

Right now it is very WIP, I still plan to add some stuff to it in the future, such as:
-spoiler/rear wing from scratch
-some badges
-some more fitting rims
-a better 5-cyl sound..? I've been given some feedback about the sound not being that good...

I don't have any experience regarding 3d modeling, so maybe I'll borrow the rear wing from some other vehicle. And yes, the side of the wing is horrible. pls no bully

Leave your feedback about the mod in the comments below, that'd be appreciated!
Hey drove this car for an entire race and even with road supers it keeps up with the transAm Camaro MOD problem is the clutch is too weak! Need to be able to handle some power and aggressive shifts while racing.

Besides that the handling is great!

Yes the wings needs work. The rims could be a bit smoother and have lug nuts not center lock wheels. And maybe make bumper more aggressive. Make interior more realistic nice!

Keep up the great work
Quote from martin18 :Hey drove this car for an entire race and even with road supers it keeps up with the transAm Camaro MOD problem is the clutch is too weak! Need to be able to handle some power and aggressive shifts while racing.

Besides that the handling is great!

Yes the wings needs work. The rims could be a bit smoother and have lug nuts not center lock wheels. And maybe make bumper more aggressive. Make interior more realistic nice!

Keep up the great work

First of all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Regarding the clutch, I did try using sequential in the car. I wasn't the best of ideas for this car; and I think that putting a sequential w/ ignition cut or a paddle shift gearbox is overkill for a car like this. So I reverted to H-pattern.

Regarding the bodywork, I am changing everything. The wing, the rims, the bumpers, etc. About the rims, I don't think that adding lugnuts would make a huge difference in looks, we'll see. And I am going to add different visual configurations, w/ spoiler, w/out spoiler, etc.

About the interior, yes I also am going to change the interior. Btw, do you think the gauges are any decent, or do they need to be changed aswell?

Cheers for the feedback.
Quote from TheSevenOfClubs :First of all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Regarding the clutch, I did try using sequential in the car. I wasn't the best of ideas for this car; and I think that putting a sequential w/ ignition cut or a paddle shift gearbox is overkill for a car like this. So I reverted to H-pattern.

Regarding the bodywork, I am changing everything. The wing, the rims, the bumpers, etc. About the rims, I don't think that adding lugnuts would make a huge difference in looks, we'll see. And I am going to add different visual configurations, w/ spoiler, w/out spoiler, etc.

About the interior, yes I also am going to change the interior. Btw, do you think the gauges are any decent, or do they need to be changed aswell?

Cheers for the feedback.

Yeah I asked about this a while ago, but now we all know if you change power and not change transmission in LfS car the clutch won’t handle a lot of extra power, there is no clutch fix for now it’s ok…

The gauges can could look more integrated more flawlessly they look tacked on
First of all, this is one of my favourite mods in LFS so far, it handles like a charm.
I am however having issues with the clutch when driving it hard, I am using H-Shifter if it makes any difference. I drive it the same way as other cars, but the clutch dies after not so long time. I can make a video to showcase this if you wish, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I think the actual styling of the gauges are really awesome, I love the big RPM reader and digital speedo. As Martin said, it could be made a ltitle more integrated but I imagine an interior remake will help that.

Hope you can help with the clutch issue, it's so fun to drive but sad it ends quickly.
Quote from TheSevenOfClubs :First of all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Cheers for the feedback.

You can sacrifice some revs in ignition timing to gain some low end torque and that naturally strengthens the clutch without having to add horsepower. For a 2.7 I5 engine, it should have more torque anyway, something around 400nm.
Quote from [OD :Jardim;1973675"]You can sacrifice some revs in ignition timing to gain some low end torque and that naturally strengthens the clutch without having to add horsepower. For a 2.7 I5 engine, it should have more torque anyway, something around 400nm.

Interesting... didn't know that could be a thing!

Changed torque value to around 420Nm. Power went up a bit aswell. Appreciate the suggestion.
Wow dude you worked wonder with this mod! Great improvements: engine sound and performance, handling, suspension, AWD system, exterior styling! Just wow!

Only thing I’d say maybe turn down the engine inertia mul. (0.2) So it revs up a little easier, engine feels like it has heavy fly wheel.
Make the rear wing narrower so it’s the same width as the car

Keep up the great work! Thanks for fixing the clutch issue and improving the car
Quote from martin18 :Wow dude you worked wonder with this mod! Great improvements: engine sound and performance, handling, suspension, AWD system, exterior styling! Just wow!

Only thing I’d say maybe turn down the engine inertia mul. (0.2) So it revs up a little easier, engine feels like it has heavy fly wheel.
Make the rear wing narrower so it’s the same width as the car

Keep up the great work! Thanks for fixing the clutch issue and improving the car

Cheers! I will modify those things today, maybe another small update coming this Wednesday.
Wooow, the update is wild!
I did a chase, and I see big improvements with the clutch.
The sound is pure satisfaction for the ears, it's so fun to rev it.
I like the new cluster design as well, fits the car nicely. Other than that, the handling is superb.

The texture of the interior is kind of LQ though, do you plan on continue to work on that part or is it as is? It's a tiny thing but I'm just curious.
Quote from Filsoof :Wooow, the update is wild!
I did a chase, and I see big improvements with the clutch.
The sound is pure satisfaction for the ears, it's so fun to rev it.
I like the new cluster design as well, fits the car nicely. Other than that, the handling is superb.

The texture of the interior is kind of LQ though, do you plan on continue to work on that part or is it as is? It's a tiny thing but I'm just curious.

Don't even mention the interior Tongue

I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to actually add the custom interior to it... the editor kept replacing the custom one with the original interior file. And as you can see, I found out a way to add custom interiors. Maybe I had downscaled (to 512², original is 1024²) the file size on purpose while trying to figure out how to add it to the car. I will upscale the file and add it in the next update. It will come with more visual upgrades [and a set surprise Wink ] tomorrow.

Cheers for the warning, per say.
I can’t help my self but can you make a Rally configuration of this! It’s AWD AND IT HAS A 5cylinder this would be sick! A bit lighter, smaller rims more tire and roll cage boom cheap rally car
Quote from martin18 :I can’t help my self but can you make a Rally configuration of this! It’s AWD AND IT HAS A 5cylinder this would be sick! A bit lighter, smaller rims more tire and roll cage boom cheap rally car

I believe I can make it, but not in its entirety. As Scawen said, configurations only can change the visuals. I can't change tire size and car weight. I could add a roll cage and a different bodykit for rallying though.
Ohh he doesn’t allow what he did with with XRR and FZR where you can have alternate versions and have different tire sizes
Quote from martin18 :Ohh he doesn’t allow what he did with with XRR and FZR where you can have alternate versions and have different tire sizes

Exactly. Shrug

The only way I'd get close to that is by making a completely new mod with rally-focused equipment, but I wouldn't want to do that.
Cant send files in the Direct message so here. Still no proper sound will need to tweak that, it sound good below 4000 rpms anything above that and it sounds like a rotary or an F1 too loud.
Attached files
AudiR8_V10.eng - 321.2 KB - 102 views
What a car, I just did a few laps with it as well as messing around doing gymkhana type stuff and all I can say is WOW!

This needs to be an approved mod, its awesome! The sound is great and your race setup is pretty spot on. It give one a nice starting point to tweak here and there for each circuit.

Well done man!
Forgot to say that the headlights are a nice touch
Quote from M3THANOL :What a car, I just did a few laps with it as well as messing around doing gymkhana type stuff and all I can say is WOW!

This needs to be an approved mod, its awesome! The sound is great and your race setup is pretty spot on. It give one a nice starting point to tweak here and there for each circuit.

Well done man!

Cheers man!

Speaking of the approved mod status, I honestly doubt it will ever get to said status, I believe it needs a 4 star rating to begin with :/

I am still planning to add more stuff onto it, like a lightbar (for cruise servers) and a rollcage (or a completely seperate mod, with rally-focused accessories).
Não sabia que este projeto estava sendo criado por um Português Smile
Parabéns por ele, estou tentar também criar um XRT de Rally (para rally e Rallycross) e também sendo AWD e ainda por cima tendo matricula Portuguesa Smile

Força continua com este grande trabalho Smile eu estou também apreender agora, mas no que poder tentar ajudar alguma coisa podes contar comigo Smile
Abraço
Quote from joaopaulopt :Não sabia que este projeto estava sendo criado por um Português Smile
Parabéns por ele, estou tentar também criar um XRT de Rally (para rally e Rallycross) e também sendo AWD e ainda por cima tendo matricula Portuguesa Smile

Força continua com este grande trabalho Smile eu estou também apreender agora, mas no que poder tentar ajudar alguma coisa podes contar comigo Smile
Abraço

Agradeço Big grin E se precisares de ajuda no teu, também podes contar comigo. Talvez um collab? Wink
Definitely the best tweak mod.
It's a shame it doesn't have more exposure by default, as this one is high effort and high quality.

Quote from TheSevenOfClubs :Speaking of the approved mod status, I honestly doubt it will ever get to said status, I believe it needs a 4 star rating to begin with :/

I think one reason it's not Approved is because of the low number of category ratings (Technical, Graphical etc). But this might be because your mod was published before the categories existed. You should contact the Devs to see if they will make an exception.
Here are some screenshots you're free to use if you want. It looks like the ones on the Information page are outdated.
Attached images
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
Quote from farcar :Definitely the best tweak mod.
It's a shame it doesn't have more exposure by default, as this one is high effort and high quality.

I think one reason it's not Approved is because of the low number of category ratings (Technical, Graphical etc). But this might be because your mod was published before the categories existed. You should contact the Devs to see if they will make an exception.

Appreciate the feedback!

And indeed, this was in the first 10 or 20 mods to be made if I recall correctly. Not sure if the devs would make an exception for this mod, then more people would ask for even more "exceptions".

And thanks for the screenshots! I will use a few in the next update. Hopefully I can bring a good amount of new content for the mod.
hey i retuned your engine and sound try it out. engine in the edit engine, and the sound in the transmission/audio
Attached files
2.7l_INLINE5.eng - 492.9 KB - 81 views
2.7l_INLINE5_SOUND.eng - 492.9 KB - 92 views

FXO Sport AWD
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG