The online racing simulator
LFS keeps freezing. Help!
(5 posts, started )
LFS keeps freezing on my computer. Its mainly in the screen where no users are on the track and you have to join/choose car/track etc.

Is there anything I can do to stop this problem?

EDIT: also when it freezes I get an error message saying my windows display driver stopped responding. Any ideas?
Can you check the heat on your graphics card at all? Its possible that its overheating and causing these problems. Depending on the manufacturer you can find it out in different places. NVidia's is within the advanced display properties (Right Click desktop, goto Properties, goto Settings, click Advanced, goto the tab named with your card, and you'll find it under Temperature Settings).

Do you get any other error messages? The exact and whole error message is often more of a clue than you realise sometimes.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Can you check the heat on your graphics card at all? Its possible that its overheating and causing these problems. Depending on the manufacturer you can find it out in different places. NVidia's is within the advanced display properties (Right Click desktop, goto Properties, goto Settings, click Advanced, goto the tab named with your card, and you'll find it under Temperature Settings).

Do you get any other error messages? The exact and whole error message is often more of a clue than you realise sometimes.

Thanks for the reply.

My computer has a standard intel graphics card and it says its 'working properly'

When it freezes the music gets stuck, like a skipping CD, then the display driver error appears and the screen goes back to windows in a very low resolution without many colours.

After this happens I cant do anything in windows or LFS and I have to restart my computer. Sorry I cant be more specific, Im not too hot with computers.
I'm surprised you've managed to play with an onboard intel card

My suggestion would be to try updating the graphics drivers. Usually you can get these from your motherboard's manufacturer's website, or via http://update.microsoft.com/ (note: this is microsoft update, not windows update - they are slightly different)
In fact it is possible to play LFS on an Intel card using shared memory, I do that on my laptop. You have to use low resolutions and detail options to achieve a somewhat playable frame rate.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG