The online racing simulator
Quote from neonmateo :I was curious if increasing brake disc radius improves stopping power? Sorry if its in wrong thread, there are so many and its kinda confusing.

LFS does not have brake overheating / brake fade (yet?), so, no, stopping power will be limited by tire grip in most scenarios.

Large vented disc brakes might be necessary on twisty tracks in the future if brake fade physics are added.
Speaking of ingame mod list, I found it always download all car images, is there any cache for those images in LFS folder?
There might be an option to download your project to make the necessary changes when it gets to "Changes required"

Example: I started a mod on another computer, but I can't access it at the moment, it has a Status of "Changes required", but I can only download it after it's published.
Thanks so much for this amazing development!
Talk about a game changer...

About this:

Quote :I've made a note about this, it may be possible to include a knw generator. The existing knw generation system is very slow, takes a few minutes to generate each knw file as it adjusts the curves bit by bit in every direction, keeping the lines ones it predicts will produce better lap times for that particular car. Maybe a quick version could be provided, that does a rough path. No promises but I do have a note on my list to look at it, obviously not very high priority yet.

Is it possible to add a dummy file for the ball? I tried adding an AI as the ball and got the missing file error.

Edit - also, any thoughts about supporting hotlaps for mods?
I just noticed! LFS Editor is using the new graphics! Big grin
At least a big part of it. Big grin
It's a nice surprise, thank you!
-
(loopingz) DELETED by loopingz : Changed thread
Did anyone talk about liveries on cars? I know we have to use different names for car Manufacturers and logos. But what about liveries? "Example shell oil? "
Quote from mpantel :Did anyone talk about liveries on cars? I know we have to use different names for car Manufacturers and logos. But what about liveries? "Example shell oil? "

Good question, I'm also wanting to put some skins on the mod, but I don't know if real brands will be allowed.
I mean.. I wouldn't _bundle_ those liveries with the car, but having them on forums or LFS skin upload should be fine.
Well i guess that means I dont need to put in extra work to make liveries then. Guess we can provide some kind of PSD template or something for people to use.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to praise mods, but this one is immensely awesome.

Hotlapping this around SO Town last night was the most refreshing LFS experience I've had in years.
Thanks to the author, and to the devs for making it possible!

Link to mod: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/3DF8EC
Really having a great deal of fun using the LFS Editor, and playing about and learning the modelling side of it! This is just the kind of thing the game has needed for a long time, I can finally go ahead and create my own virtual fantasy car company!

Looking forward to the additional updates that are coming soon, keep up the good work Scawen, Eric and Victor! I've admired the game and the ethic of the team to keep it independent and old school.

Here's something I've been working on, the Scavier XR Turbo S, a 3.6L Turbo V6 monster producing over 500hp and a top speed of nearly 190mph, banned from sale by the British Government after backlash by the tabloids over it's "unnecessary" speed and power being a menace on public roads.

Once I've done tweaking the handling and interior are cars like that welcome to be submitted to the Mod Directory?
Attached images
lfs_00000003.png
lfs_00000001.jpg
Quote from Weasley123 :
Once I've done tweaking the handling and interior are cars like that welcome to be submitted to the Mod Directory?

There was information about that cars that are slight edit to default cars won't be added... So... No fun with friends in ur stupid-amazing cars :c

I have question to Tans Am - camaro similar car creator. Why it have front suspension based on trailing arms/solid axle? All common american sedans/coupe from that times have double wishbone front suspension, and rear solid axle. Race cars based on it too.
Quote from Weasley123 :Once I've done tweaking the handling and interior are cars like that welcome to be submitted to the Mod Directory?

Yes, that is a pretty cool fat monster XR. Big grin

Quote from versiu :There was information about that cars that are slight edit to default cars won't be added... So... No fun with friends in ur stupid-amazing cars :c

Wrong.

The truth is we have been grappling with the issue of the tweak cars swamping the list of mods (and so many being submitted, some with quite a few updates, being quite distracting while trying to work). For a short time we asked people not to submit them. Then we accepted them. Now we are still accepting them but actually the whole of yesterday we didn't publish any (of the many new ones submitted) while we are adding the "Tweaks" filter for the list of mods.
New update W45!

Changes from 0.6W43 to 0.6W45:

LFS:

New mod filters Staff picks only / Include tweak mods / Include WIP
You can now set list of mods allowed on host (via InSim or LFS.net)
Increased size of file transfer buffer - may download mods faster
Updated help text on Start New Host screen

Editor:

FIX: Arrows did not move the value of EV max power slider
FIX: Crash after loading a wheel rim cross section

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
And will be V and W sometimes united again or will be there always a Mod-Version? I want a Tractor with a Trailer with steered front axle for learning driving backwards with this Smile
Quote from matze54564 :And will be V and W sometimes united again or will be there always a Mod-Version? I want a

After test patch phases like we currently are in, new features (e.g. mods support) always get rolled out in the next full version. Wouldn't make sense to keep the mods version and community separate.
Quote from MandulAA :Wouldn't make sense to keep the mods version and community separate.

I think so, hoping this will be so, because it is not in the right Test Patch Forum.
man this makes me more impatient about saving up money to get S3! im around half way through getting enough money to actually buy this, although i DO still have to go through the worlds most frugal parents Smile
I am seriously shocked. It's been 14 years since I have played S2 for the first time, always wondering if there was a way to modify cars a little bit. This would make an extraordinary improvement if it comes to customization back then, but even today it just stands out.

I never thought I would be still interested in LFS when I collected points and attempted my first powerslides on Blackwood back in the fall of 2002.

You guys did a real helluva job, LFS never lost its awesome vibe. I was more than happy to obtain the S3 license 13 years after I got my hands on the S2. I guess the equivalent of the "Early 2009" has finally come and let's be honest, it's just great.

BTW. any chance for an additional unlock? I messed up a little bit and unlocked an incorrect copy, so I am not able to unlock the correct version after applying the patch for mods. I guess I might not be the only one in a similar situation.

Keep this up devs, there are plenty of loyal players around the globe, even despite the fact that some of them are around their 30's. The simracing scene has changed a lot during the last decade for sure, but there is still decent room for strong nostalgia.
Quote from nidzio93 :BTW. any chance for an additional unlock? I messed up a little bit and unlocked an incorrect copy, so I am not able to unlock the correct version after applying the patch for mods. I guess I might not be the only one in a similar situation.

Send the devs an e-mail and they should give you one. Smile
What do the dash and 'o' in mod description mean?

E-challenger has "-o-", Hardplan has "o--", FZ50 safety car "---", while many cars have "o-o" (UF1100T).

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's driver position, whether it's left, right or none. I wonder why Safety car has no driver Big grin
Important Fixes - W46

Multiplayer:

Download of mods and skins should be faster and more reliable
FIX: List of allowed mods could remain after joining another host
FIX: Messages such as "Did not receive skin info" joining busy host

InSim:

FIX: It was not possible to send more than 30 objects in IS_AXM
FIX: IS_MCI packets were not filled in correctly (only 8 per pack)

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Quote from detail :What do the dash and 'o' in mod description mean?

E-challenger has "-o-", Hardplan has "o--", FZ50 safety car "---", while many cars have "o-o" (UF1100T).

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's driver position, whether it's left, right or none. I wonder why Safety car has no driver Big grin

Because I haven't updated it since that was added Wink
Quote from Scawen :Important Fixes - W46

Multiplayer:

Download of mods and skins should be faster and more reliable

Not sure what you did, but this fixed my issue! Mod downloads are 5-10x as fast and only take a couple seconds now. Haven't tested skin downloading yet, but thank you heaps Scawen!
This thread is closed

LFS Mods [TEST VERSION] Introduction and Discussion
(231 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG