The online racing simulator
Will we have any update news? :)
Hello everyone, I would like to know how the LFS news is happening Smile

I think LFS at this moment really needed these updates as I have seen and felt that there are many teams that are waiting for the new updates to come back, it would be very positive if there was continuation of the update reports Smile

Congratulations on Scawen's hard work, I'm looking forward to being able to run the new version of LFS
Scawen said that there will be some kind of an update on the subject in the next few weeks.
Quote from Evolution_R :Scawen said that there will be some kind of an update on the subject in the next few weeks.

Ok thank you Smile unfortunately I haven't been able to be 100% attentive Frown
But I think it would be important for the general community to come together to support and try to motivate bringing more events and more teams back to LiveForSpeed, and of course new updates would help a lot Smile
So I'll be more attentive Smile
News are coming usually the last weekend of a month.
I expected a post last month as some time had past. High hopes for the coming days, but who knows, should not jinx it Wink
#5 - Ped7g
Usually in game-biz it works best to build the hype before release (not sure exactly how much before, but we are talking weeks/months units, not years). What Scawen started with those track revamp posts for new gfx engine was perfect as building hype for next patch... if it would come out like a month or two after last post (and if those posts would continue in monthly/two period).

It turned out they were actually documenting real progress, and the reality is that the game did need few more years and patch-detours (first reports were like Aug 2018 IIRC .. it's September 2021 ... hyping next release over 3 years intentionally is a bit stretch, so I assume this was not intended Smile ).

So... if they are almost ready to launch test patch, it would make sense to start similar hype-build again, if they know there's still those remaining 20% of dev work (Which takes 80% of time) to do, then lack of news is ok too.

But from the recent posts it sounds like there will be some good news this year about something I can't even guess what it will be (I don't think the graphics patch is ready enough to make it this year, judging by these public posts/news ... so unless they are hiding it well and almost ready to release, I think the news will be about something else, maybe something about modding?).

But I'm looking forward for the hype-rebuild, but this time hopefully the release will come. (I like this project a lot)
#6 - V_Ro
We are all impatient, waiting for a next update ...
Lighting update - before end of this this year, tyre physics update - in the following years..
Quote from Ped7g :Usually in game-biz it works best to build the hype before release (not sure exactly how much before, but we are talking weeks/months units, not years). What Scawen started with those track revamp posts for new gfx engine was perfect as building hype for next patch... if it would come out like a month or two after last post (and if those posts would continue in monthly/two period).

It turned out they were actually documenting real progress, and the reality is that the game did need few more years and patch-detours (first reports were like Aug 2018 IIRC .. it's September 2021 ... hyping next release over 3 years intentionally is a bit stretch, so I assume this was not intended Smile ).

So... if they are almost ready to launch test patch, it would make sense to start similar hype-build again, if they know there's still those remaining 20% of dev work (Which takes 80% of time) to do, then lack of news is ok too.

But from the recent posts it sounds like there will be some good news this year about something I can't even guess what it will be (I don't think the graphics patch is ready enough to make it this year, judging by these public posts/news ... so unless they are hiding it well and almost ready to release, I think the news will be about something else, maybe something about modding?).

But I'm looking forward for the hype-rebuild, but this time hopefully the release will come. (I like this project a lot)

Scavier seem to go out of their way not to generate hype. It's become clear to me over the past decade or so that LFS must now be more a passion project than a financial one (which is fine!).

I'm sure the physics and graphics updates will come eventually but after years of waiting, I don't take any news or progress updates as an indicator that something is imminent.

The guys clearly work at their own pace, and not under duress of the community's demands or expectations.

To be clear, this is not a criticism! I've been following LFS for more than 16 years and also like this project a lot. I just don't have any expectations any more.
#9 - Sobis
Quote from farcar :Scavier seem to go out of their way not to generate hype. It's become clear to me over the past decade or so that LFS must now be more a passion project than a financial one (which is fine!).

I just like to note that Scawen has pointed out several times (last time was approx 1 yr ago?) that LFS is not a passion or free-time project for him and Eric, this is still their main job. Unless I missed something.
Quote from farcar :Scavier seem to go out of their way not to generate hype. It's become clear to me over the past decade or so that LFS must now be more a passion project than a financial one (which is fine!).

I'm sure the physics and graphics updates will come eventually but after years of waiting, I don't take any news or progress updates as an indicator that something is imminent.

The guys clearly work at their own pace, and not under duress of the community's demands or expectations.

To be clear, this is not a criticism! I've been following LFS for more than 16 years and also like this project a lot. I just don't have any expectations any more.

I mean I definitely understand Scawen not wanting to generate hype. They're still suffering from the Scirocco hype. Failing to temper expectations is what turned Cyberpunk 2077 into this whole "broken promises" experience from those who overhyped everything in their minds, despite what CDPR delivering meeting what they actually said they'd deliver.
Quote from Sobis :I just like to note that Scawen has pointed out several times (last time was approx 1 yr ago?) that LFS is not a passion or free-time project for him and Eric, this is still their main job. Unless I missed something.

Yeah I remember Scawen saying LFS development was still his main job as well.
What I meant was, he may not be financially reliant on income from it.

I can't really speak for him, but he seems a pretty salt of the earth guy, and not someone who needs huge wads of cash to live his life.

Normally, when a software developer is reliant on an income from revenue they will push to release updates and content.

Given that work on the graphical updates started more than 3 years ago and physics overhaul started 12(?) years ago, it's seems clear not to be the case here.
Last day of September ... Some autumn snapshots to share Eric ? Big grin
-
(Evolution_R) DELETED by Evolution_R : not needed
-
(pajkul) DELETED by pajkul
Quote from rane_nbg :Lighting update - before end of this this year, tyre physics update - in the following years..

Ui this was a real dream, so a little time before Christmas was amazing
I fully agree that one should not raise expectations beyond reality, but a little feedback from the development team on a regular basis is not a bad thing. A report every month or two would be perfect, but I think the minimum would be every quarter.
But it is also true that this is not a normal development, and those of us who play this game are not like most people.

Will we have any update news? :)
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG