The online racing simulator
Database duplication and out of sync Issues
Just been on my server to download latest .dbs and .elp databases (I know; must get ftp working!)

Anywho.

There are database entries in the /default directory, as well as database entries in the /default/databases directory.

As you can see in my image, time and size details of these .dbs and .elp files don't match.

It seems that the Drift scores databases are more up-to-date in the /default directory, but the Times (Grip) and storedvalue are more up-to-date in the other directory.

Online, everything appears to be working fine, but which directory is lapper looking in for the drift scores, top times, etc?

Is there a reason for the duplication and this out of sync duplication?
Attached images
Databases.png
Hello,
Thank you for finding this weird database behaviour.

The database files in the '/default/databases' directory should be the most accurates ones. You could try this by deleting(backup) the databases files in de '/default' directory.

I dont think there is a reason, its probably just a typo in the sourcecode or lfslapper.LPR that creates 'new' databases in the wrong directory.
Alright, so I've been testing offline with blank new lapper directory, with no database files.

Only done few runs in 3 different cars, but I can see that;
DriftPB.dbs & DriftPB.elp are saved in the /default directory
GripPB.dbs, GripPB.elp and storedvalue.dbs are saved in the /default/Databases directory.

Likely, when I've downloaded all these files before from online, I've copy/pasted into each directory just in case, as I've seen files in each of these directories before. Or at least used to seeing them under /default directory in V6.

So from my very limited testing, it looks like lapper isn't writing the drift files into the database directory. But it knows where they are, as it reads them ok.
Thanks for testing.
Will check the sourcecode this evening.
Hello,

After looking into the sourcecode, i saw a few faulty default parameters.
Example:
'./PBgrip' instead of './Databases/PBgrip'.

I changed those parameters.

My question to you guys, is to test this with the attached LFSLapper.exe

Make sure you create a backup first before deleting the existing databases and LFSLapper.exe

Version 7.0.8.0 or 7.0.8.1 is needed to use this LFSLapper.exe

Thank you
Attached files
LFSLapper 7.0.8.2 Beta #1 (Only .exe).zip - 168 KB - 103 views
Doesn't work for me.

I made new directory and deleted all the database files, added the new exe, then did few runs.

https://www.lfs.net/attachment/235395

Just to make sure, I deleted this new directory, made a new one, deleted the exe (instead of copying over) and deleted database files, then put new exe in.

Same results.

As an aside, and nothing to do with this issue, but if the databases can be put in their own folder, can all the files relating to Discord be put neatly in their own folder?

No big deal but given the choice I'd rather not have over 30 files, over half of which I'll likely never use, cluttering up the /bin directory
Attached images
lapper update.png
Thanks for testing.

This is interesting.

Can you verify the values below are the same in LFSLapper.LPR or other scripts.

$DriftDatabase = "Databases/DriftPB";
$StoredValueDbs = "Databases/storedvalue";
$GripDatabase = "Databases/GripPB";

If these values are differend. That could mean it creates a database in the "wrong" folder. In this case the 'default' directory instead of 'default/Databases'.

The variables you see above, matched with the parameters in the sourcecode.

About the discord libraries. I have tried to place those files into a seperate folder, with no success yet. Need to dig deeper into programming to understand how to do that.
Just searched the lfslapper.lpr file, which is unchanged from the V7.080 zip file I downloaded.

$DriftDatabase = "Databases/DriftPB"; # this is line 1348
$StoredValueDbs = "Databases/storedvalue"; # this is line 175
$GripDatabase = "Databases/GripPB"; # this is line 1392

I'm using the default, unchanged, file online too.
Opened all scripts from the includes directory in notepad++, and finding the word "DriftPB", i found 1 script file that has the old drift database value.

Could you find that file and parameter and change the value to "./Databases/DriftPB", to see if that helps.

bin\default\includes\guiconfig.lpr
$DriftDatabase = "./DriftPB";

Thank you
Alright, found the culprit in my circular drift meter script.

Changed Tim's guiconfig script, but it should be noted that the database item is in a whole section that is commented out with /*

However, you can't use "./Databases/DriftPB" - it must be "Databases/DriftPB", which is same for storedvalue and GripPB entries, and which it already is in the unchanged lfslapper.lpr file.

Wouldn't have thought to look in my drift meter file if you hadn't found it in the guiconfig file.

If this database entry is already in the standard lfslapper.lpr file, I should probably just remove it from everywhere else. Only in my script because the $DriftDatabase = "./DriftPB"; database entry doesn't appear in V6 lfslapper.lpr file.

I'm likely the only person using a lapper directory that has both old V6 and new V7 stuff, so why I was probably only person to have problem.

Thanks for putting in the effort though.
Again thanks for testing.

I havent opened the guiconfig script. I just saw the line in the results. Ye me lazy Big grin

Not sure it solves the problem with the orginal LFSLapper version 7.0.8.1.exe, since you found that line in your script.

Database duplication and out of sync Issues
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG