Track Specifications
Circuit Length: 3.108 km | Track Map
Safety Car In-Race Position: End of Pitlane
1st Safety Car Line: Between Turns 3 and 4
2nd Safety Car Line: Exit of Turn 4
Safety Car Maximum Speed: 120 kph / 75 mph
Virtual Safety Car Maximum Speed: 80 kph / 49 mph
Pit Lane Speed: 80 kph / 49 mph
Practice Start Location: Pit Exit, against the driver's left wall, DO NOT OBSTRUCT CARS EXITING PIT LANE
Red Flag line: Back of Grid
Wind Conditions: Low Wind - All Sessions except Pre-Qualifying

Event Timetable
13:50 UTC: Free Practice - 20 minutes
14:20 UTC: Qualifying - 20 minutes (semi-hardcore: no spectating or telepit outside pitlane)
15:00 UTC: Race 1 - 39 laps (Or 60 minutes)
16:00 UTC: Race 2 - 39 laps (Or 60 minutes)

Event Specifics

1. Alerting the Administration:
Use @sc to alert administration to look at your car or the section of track you were in when you use the @sc command. The command will tell the administration what location you're at.

2. Communications:
All drivers are required to be in the NDR TeamSpeak server: teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com - Race Control messages will be broadcast to anyone in a channel in the Pit Wall in TS. If you would like a subchannel for your team or friendly drivers, please let us know and we will create one.
Make sure you have your race number and/or your LFS username as your nickname on TeamSpeak

3. Driver Naming:
Be sure to be in your proper name format Number (grey or white), space, then First initial last name [eg. 00 J. Palmer]. The name may be in colour.

4. Tracker:
Timing will be available and running on http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com.

5. Wind Conditions:
Low wind for all sessions, except Pre-Qualifying.

6. Virtual Safety Car Test
There will be a test Virtual Safety Car deployment in the free practice session, starting about 5 minutes remaining in the session. All drivers are encouraged to participate in this test.

7. Pit Entry and Pit Exit
On pit entry, the blend line may be crossed.

On pit exit, all parts of the car must be to the LEFT of the blend line along its entire length.

Cars on the track not intending to enter or exit the pits may cross the blend lines as part of their racing lines.

8. Qualifying Procedure
The qualifying session is 20 minutes in duration. The actual session will be 22 minutes long. Pit exit will be closed for the first two minutes. The Race Director will announce when the fast lane is open for drivers to queue at pit exit. Drivers should only enter the fast lane if they intend to proceed to the track from the pitlane.

Drivers are not permitted to spectate from anywhere on course during the qualifying session, doing so will result in an end to their session. Drivers may telepit or spectate from inside the bounds of the pitlane and rejoin.

Drivers should not leave the pitlane if there is insufficent time remaining in the session to start a timed lap.

9. Practice Starts
Drivers are permitted to take practice starts at the location notified above, any time the pit exit is open. Drivers taking practice starts should pull up to the chalk line that marks the formal spot, and wait for a clear path to take their practice start. Cars in the exit lane have right of way over cars preparing for a practice start.

10. Race Start:
Each race will have one formation lap, followed by a standing start.

When the default LFS lights turn green, pull away from your grid slot and do one lap, return to the grid area. Stop at the furthest available grid slot. Once all cars are in position, the Starter will initiate the start sequence. An insim head-up display will appear, with five darkened lights. After 5 seconds, each light will illuminate red at one second intervals. After a pause of between 3 and 7 seconds, the lights will extinguish and the race will be started.

11. Safety Car:
On Restarts, the Safety Car will pull away from the field after Turn 8. It must not be overtaken before it crosses the 1st Safety Car line.

12. End of Race
After finishing the race, please slow WELL BELOW racing speeds after Turn 1 and proceed to pit lane. The top 3 shall report back to Start / Finish Line for podium pose.

13. Miscellany:
Do NOT under any circumstances Shift+P or Shift+S during the race without authorization from Race Control, unless you are in the pit lane.

Please post any procedural questions in this thread.

Good luck!
Since there is no race discussion topic this round, I’ll write this here.

Multiple drivers, including me, have wondered why there was no information shared on car 40’s false start investigation. I would not personally mind this non-informing way of dealing with the matter if nobody knew there was a jump start, but this time things were significantly different as the server tracker sent a message to everyone (not only race control) about a jump start by car 40. This obviously is something that the race stewards need to react to, and it didn’t happen.

I personally think that things during the race should’ve gone followingly:
1. Tracker: “Jump Start by Car 40”
2. Race Control: “Car 40 under investigation for possible false start”
3. Race Control: “Possible jump start by car 40 reviewed – no further action”

After this there would be no complaints. Everyone knows that stewards have reviewed the start and case closed. No jump start, no penalties given. This time we only got the first message. Even messages 1 and 3 would have been enough. Drivers shouldn’t have to ask mid-race whether something has been reviewed or not if they get a notification by the server tracker. I assume that if there is a jump start message, it will be automatic drive-through penalty unless the race directors state something else.

The main problem I see in this incident is that race directors should be there for the drivers. Race control knows that there will be no further action but the drivers in the grid do not unless it is communicated to them. We do not have team managers/engineers communicating with race control and the driver. Now we have only drivers and race control which means communication becomes a key factor and I feel that Sunday was a disappointment in that matter.
And on top of that when i asked one of the stewards after race 1 why no information about the penalty during race,he simply reacted "why would we need to?".
Which is kinda funny considering its an NDR hosted league,expectations higher too.
In my opinion its not that hard to notice the others about the situation,when there is like 9 red colored "steward"on the server
Thanks
Quote from Kristian K :Since there is no race discussion topic this round, I’ll write this here.

Multiple drivers, including me, have wondered why there was no information shared on car 40’s false start investigation. I would not personally mind this non-informing way of dealing with the matter if nobody knew there was a jump start, but this time things were significantly different as the server tracker sent a message to everyone (not only race control) about a jump start by car 40. This obviously is something that the race stewards need to react to, and it didn’t happen.

I personally think that things during the race should’ve gone followingly:
1. Tracker: “Jump Start by Car 40”
2. Race Control: “Car 40 under investigation for possible false start”
3. Race Control: “Possible jump start by car 40 reviewed – no further action”

After this there would be no complaints. Everyone knows that stewards have reviewed the start and case closed. No jump start, no penalties given. This time we only got the first message. Even messages 1 and 3 would have been enough. Drivers shouldn’t have to ask mid-race whether something has been reviewed or not if they get a notification by the server tracker. I assume that if there is a jump start message, it will be automatic drive-through penalty unless the race directors state something else.

The main problem I see in this incident is that race directors should be there for the drivers. Race control knows that there will be no further action but the drivers in the grid do not unless it is communicated to them. We do not have team managers/engineers communicating with race control and the driver. Now we have only drivers and race control which means communication becomes a key factor and I feel that Sunday was a disappointment in that matter.

Quote from Viperakecske :And on top of that when i asked one of the stewards after race 1 why no information about the penalty during race,he simply reacted "why would we need to?".
Which is kinda funny considering its an NDR hosted league,expectations higher too.
In my opinion its not that hard to notice the others about the situation,when there is like 9 red colored "steward"on the server
Thanks

Hi both,

I understand your view with this and will share with you the internal processes we use...

The 'jump start' notification was a technical messages for the stewards to investigate. However this message is not to be mistaken with any administrative decision. The latter are only the penalties with their communication as they are the only one impacting the course of the race from the outside. This message does not mean that the driver did in fact jump the start or not. The insim can detect the slightest movement etc from the car which is why we review all starts. Regardless of this notification, the starts are reviewed (hence other penalties for the start procedure being given out).

It has not been standard practice for NDR to notify of incidents under investigation in the server previously (especially when using a 'sprint' format). The stewards review many many incidents throughout the race and one of our considerations is that this could lead to significant 'spam' in the server chat.

For the avoidance of doubt, as long as there is no penalty announced, you should not assume another competitor has a penalty.

We will of course review this and see if any procedural changes are needed.

Thanks
JP2
ok

LLS 2021: Round 2 - Driver's Briefing
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG