The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Manager
(85 posts, started )
#1 - Phlos
Live for Speed Manager
Hello,

LFS Manager is a small utility to manage servers, favourites, friends, ... even more in next versions.

Main features :
- Servers browser
- Favourites servers manager
- Friends manager
- Full support of current LFS S2 protocol
- Full coloring of servers names and nicknames, exactly as LFS
- Dynamic advanced filtering
- AutoRejoin Technology : when a server is full, you will automatically rejoin it when someone leave !
- PasswordReminder Technology : every passwords is crypted and memorized for each server, no need to remind them !
- PasswordChecker Technology : before launching LFS, LFS Manager will automatically check if the password is wrong ! [S2 LICENSE REQUIRED]
- 100% compatible with Browse for Speed XML favourites and friends
- And more...

Live for Speed Manager : Small, Fast, Reliable and User friendly !

Current version : 0.1bU
Download link (less than 85 KB !) : http://lfsmanager.phlos.com/

Please post any feedbacks (bugs, wanted features, comments, ...) on this software.
Also if you want to translate this software in your language, PM me.

NB : I would like to thank all alpha-testers that helped me to dev this software.
Sounds awesome, I'll download it after work
nice to see that my ideas are great
gonna test that at home
#4 - herki
looks nice
what i would like to have is a "run program before starting lfs"-option and the possibilty to pass there servername etc. to this program (as seen in crazyice's join2lfs)
Quote from herki :looks nice
what i would like to have is a "run program before starting lfs"-option and the possibilty to pass there servername etc. to this program (as seen in crazyice's join2lfs)

or mates@track ng
#6 - Phlos
Ok I will add this to next major version (v0.2). I already found a bug in this version, I will do a quick fix tonight or tomorrow (v0.1b).
#7 - X-Ter
Super tool
Can you make it start LFS with your favourite InSim program as well? Like PitSpotter for example?

--- Edit ---
Oups... Didn't really read the above posts
#8 - Phlos
Yes in next version.
Looks great, and from the screenshot seems to have a nice UI too, downloading now!
AMAZING !!!

Thumbs up
Good Job!:thumbsup3
#12 - joen
I tried this out. I really like it, works perfectly. Very nice job
Very nice app

Two things, though
1) the program crashes when you hit space while refreshing
2) the cars indicator (the dots) isn't really helpful at all
Thank you for your bug report
The cars indicator isn't really helpful but if you have a better idea to put everything in this small place (I don't want to make window's size bigger by default), it will be great to tell me

Btw, everything it tooltiped...maybe you didn't know. So you can get cars by moving your pointer on thoses "dots"
No, I already tried that. The tooltips don't work here.
Interesting, can you tell me what OS you have ?
Windows XP Prof.

The tooltips on the "advanced" car filter work fine, though.

E: also the download link(s) on your site are broken.
assuming you use WinXP, did you turn the baloon-tooltips off? because the tooltips are baloons
Ahh, that could be the case. Why not make them normal tooltips?
nice work und "clean" GUI (only from screenshot) - I can't download your tool. both links doesn't work?! I get only a white screen (with IE and also with Firefox). Very strange!
Download links are now fixed, I was watching France - Spain, 3 - 1

Baloon instead of tooltip because there are a lot of informations...
Great! thanks - Wow, really great app!

I think it's a .NET app (small app size)? 1.1 or 2.0?

I miss a "Cancel" button if the app shows me already the server that I want but "Refresh" is still running. So then I don't need the "full download" of the server list.
No it's not .NET crap, just highly optimised exe that doesn't need any runtime / dll

No cancel button for the moment, maybe later. You should use filters, so you have less servers. You can also set connection speed to "4" in Options if you have a fast connection
Quote from Phlos :No it's not .NET crap, just highly optimised exe that doesn't need any runtime / dll

No cancel button for the moment, maybe later. You should use filters, so you have less servers. You can also set connection speed to "4" in Options if you have a fast connection

LOL Was only an idea (.NET) ;-)

Thanks for the hint
#25 - wabz
Looks great!
Wow, looks very nice and clean

Just a reply to those who want to start programs before - for now you can use Browse For Speed - which does pretty much exactly what LFS Manager does, plus some extra things (admin control), and is available in 8 languages, is open source and gives full credit to contributors (16 - where is it phlos! ) AND is written with .NET crap

We have worked together to make our favourites/friends compatible, so when a version of LFS Manager comes out that supports launching programs, you can switch straight back to it if you wish.

http://www.browseforspeed.net/img/screenshot.png

I don't want to post again and take this thread off topic, but this isn't intended (purely) as an ad for BFS (see below post) - The developers of BFS have worked with Phlos, swapped information about the query protocol, attempted to make our apps compatible. This post is in reply to the one about starting apps like pit spotter (threaded view would show this).

Live for Speed Manager
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG