The online racing simulator
App crashes in Wine...
(5 posts, started )
#1 - mattt
App crashes in Wine...
Howdy Y'all,

Coming back to LFS after a couppla years' break...

LFS is crashing regularly, and the problem seems to be getting worse - seems I now can't complete a short race.

I'm on Ubuntu 20.10 (updated from 20.04 yesterday and it's very likely that the increased frequency of the crashes coincided with this update), and the latest LFS.

I've attached Wine backtraces for the last two bailouts this morning.

Any ideas? It's basically rendered my LFS useless :-(

Cheers,
Mattt.
Attached files
backtrace.txt - 3.1 KB - 101 views
backtrace2.txt - 3 KB - 91 views
#2 - bowst
** Best answer **
I'm not an expert for this. But I used to play LFS on Ubuntu. Try install LFS using lutris and enable d9vk from lutris settings. Maybe it'll works.

https://lutris.net/games/live-for-speed/
#3 - mattt
Thanks Bowst :-)

As I *only* use Wine for LFS (been that way since 2003), I was a little hesitant to install / run an "extra layer". Buuuut... It seems to be working :-)

I've not managed any kinda decent session since getting it going, but I've driven quite a few laps and messed with some config, etc, and haven't seen a crash yet (unless you count every few minutes on the track...).

I *think* the frame rate's down a little in general, but I could easily be wrong - as it's almost always between 60 and 100 fps, I'm unconcerned.

Thanks again :-)

Cheers,
Mattt.
#4 - bowst
#5 - mattt
Hey again Bowst,

Yup, I've already got DXVK enabled.

I "turned up" just a couple of the graphics options (and not by much). Basically, it looks great and performs flawlessly so I'm happy thus far :-)

Cheers,
Mattt.

App crashes in Wine...
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG