The online racing simulator
FXR renders
(20 posts, started )
FXR renders

FXR max mesh by ThunderX (brazil materials)
finalRender materials conversion, scene, lighting by me
SDRA skin by John[SWE]

if you want images being displayed instead of a text link, go to Quick LInks, Edit Options, display images checkbox on.
#2 - Don
zzzz cant you create one thread called "LFS RENDERS" ? we dont need a thread for each car
Quote from Don :zzzz cant you create one thread called "LFS RENDERS" ? we dont need a thread for each car

zzzz we are on LFS forum (no other game renders) within 3D Renders thread already. I found that guys started it like this and I agreed, so continuing.
#4 - Palex
Oase skin
Attached images
fxr_oase.jpg
Quote from Don :zzzz cant you create one thread called "LFS RENDERS" ? we dont need a thread for each car

there's no point in having an own subforum with just one thread
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote :
there's no point in having an own subforum with just one thread

Although I agree with you, there's no point in having a showcase subforum if you put renders in the general LFS Renders subforum

@Don: Although I understand you don't like change, putting the renders in the showcase subforum in their own threads with good descriptions makes it easier to search for specific renders... (like the FZR that's in the custom made garage scene is in the "FZR - Custom Garage" thread).

That way people can help the creator make the render better without needing to read 400+ useless replies to different renders.
Quote from TagForce :Although I agree with you, there's no point in having a showcase subforum if you put renders in the general LFS Renders subforum

@Don: Although I understand you don't like change, putting the renders in the showcase subforum in their own threads with good descriptions makes it easier to search for specific renders... (like the FZR that's in the custom made garage scene is in the "FZR - Custom Garage" thread).

That way people can help the creator make the render better without needing to read 400+ useless replies to different renders.

thanks TagForce.

Don: What I don't understand is why did you come to this topic talking about the system of special topics for each car, when there were other 3 such topics created sooner. You didn't write anything in these, though. :irked:
Quote :
thanks TagForce.

You know that was a subtle hint to a mod or Dev to move the thread around a bit, right?

On the topic of your render (which I completely forgot to type the last time 'round):
I love the render except for 1 part... The overhead tubelights (if that's what they are) aren't reflected like they should be... Maybe they're right, but they look a bit strange to me (like the glass is plastic or something). Other than that: Great job!
#9 - Don
Quote from RAYfighter :thanks TagForce.

Don: What I don't understand is why did you come to this topic talking about the system of special topics for each car, when there were other 3 such topics created sooner. You didn't write anything in these, though. :irked:

because i was hoping ppl would stop creating such threads, but as i saw they didnt so i wrote it here. anyway, i already told you, do as you want.
Since this is turning into a thread about anything but the actual render itself, anywayz

Quote :
because i was hoping ppl would stop creating such threads

But what I (and other people I imagine) wonder is WHY you want all the renders in one thread... We have a special forum (including a subforum for the actual renders) just for 3D renders... Unlike on RSC where there was a SS forum in which we had 1 render thread... It seems to me putting them all in 1 thread is rendering (pun intended) the 3D Renders subforum useless.

Now we have the following tree:
-LFS
_- Media
__- Screenshots
__- 3D Renders
___- 3D Render Showroom
__- Movies
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
Quote from TagForce :I love the render except for 1 part... The overhead tubelights (if that's what they are) aren't reflected like they should be... Maybe they're right, but they look a bit strange to me (like the glass is plastic or something).

Yes the reflective material always reveals imperfections in the model. There are many. I spent hours trying to weld vertices and reassign smoothing groups, but eventhough there are no buggy vertices nor faces, the model seems to be too lowres for the raytracer to render the reflection smooth. Or I'm noob in modelling car bodies, which I actually am.
Quote :
but eventhough there are no buggy vertices nor faces, the model seems to be too lowres for the raytracer to render the reflection smooth

Maybe rethink the glass material? What kind of reflections are you using?
Need a cab?
enjoy!

Care to show a different angle popeye?

Quote from TagForce :Maybe rethink the glass material? What kind of reflections are you using?

Material is fR-Advanced, refraction index down to 1, so I won't get distorted objects viewed thru or inside (if windows were modelled as real glass tables, not just faces, it would work with 1.5 well), and fresnel 1.5 reflections - realistic for a glass.
This setting makes the glass pretty much final. Now the overhead tubes:
Of course they are not modelled with some volumetric light effect on them, for a render time sake. It's the simple box with selfillumination gradient texture. And this texture can be set all wrong.
But what makes the reflection look plastic to me, is the weird distortion on the side window. I will delete tubes and put the car to different environment. Stay tuned.
little something i was trying out lastnight, still needs some work, to bad it'll look like poo ingame for others after lfsworld resizes it to 512 it can be any color too
i like this green i think..
tossed this together in 45 mins, it aint quite done yet..

FXR renders
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG