The online racing simulator
TBO Challenge 2020: Round 5 - Protests and Penalties
Please provide the following in your protest:

Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5: Free Practice, Qualifying, Sprint Race, Feature Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)
Car(s) involved
Location of Incident
Brief Description of Incident

Protests are due by 18:00 UTC on Monday, 30th November 2020

Penalty Log

Free Practice

Qualifying
Car 8 - 1 point penalty - missing all comuplsory skin elements
Car 80 - Loss of Fastest Lap - Fastest Lap was 3rd timed lap.

Sprint Race
Car 8 - 1 point penalty - missing all comuplsory skin elements
Car 88 - Warning - Avoidable Contact
Car 80 - 25-second Time Penalty (DT Equivalent) - Causing an Avoidable Incident

Feature Race
Car 87 - Drive-Through Penalty - Blocking
Car 88 - Warning - Avoidable Contact
Car 88 - 37-second Time Penalty (SG Equivalent) - Causing an Avoidable Incident
SPRINT RACE:

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 3, Turn 12 between Cars 33 and 88, mpr time 8:05.

The stewards issue a warning to Car 88 for avoidable contact

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 6, Turn 12 between Cars 34 and 88, mpr time 12:31.

The Stewards elect to take No Further Action.

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 9, Turn 6 between Cars 80 and 98, mpr time 16:30.

The Stewards issued a 25-second time penalty (post race DT Equivalent) to Car 80.
FEATURE RACE:

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 4, Turns 6-7 between Cars 34, 87, 88, mpr time 8:40.

The Stewards issue a Drive-Through Penalty to Car 87 for Blocking.
The stewards issue a warning to Car 88 for avoidable contact.

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 12, Turns 1-4 between Cars 80, 81, 86, mpr time 20:30.

The Stewards elect to take No Further Action.

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 14, Turns 1-3 between Cars 13, 30, 88, 99, mpr time 23:15.

The Stewards issue a post-race stop-go penalty equivalent 37 second time penalty to Car 88 for causing avoidable incidents.
Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5:Feature Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day: Lap 1;04:05.5
Car(s) involved: Car 48 (myself) and Car 80
Location of Incident: Exit of Turn 7
Brief Description of Incident: On the exit of the turn, I was battling with a car on my right and while being behind, car 80 performed an amazing pit move on me, sending me into the wall.
Session AND SERVER of Incident: Feature Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: Lap 27, MPR 43:05
Car(s) involved: 98 / 81
Location of Incident: Turn 1
Brief Description of Incident: Last lap dive-bomb resulting in contact, resulting in spin, resulting in 4 positions lost
Car 8 has received a 1-point penalty for both Qualifying and Sprint Race, a total of 2 points, for missing all required skin elements in those sessions.
Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5) : Sprint Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : Lap 4 "8:38"
Car(s) involved : 25 and 81
Location of Incident : T1
Brief Description of Incident : 81 pushed 25 wide when side by side action between T1 and T2.
Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5) : Sprint Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : Lap 9 and 10 "16:36" and "18:05"
Car(s) involved : 25 and 39
Location of Incident : T6
Brief Description of Incident : 39 didnt gave any room twice going into T6 while side by side.
-
(nikopdr) DELETED by nikopdr
Quote from nikopdr :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Feature Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: Lap 4, mpr @ 8:40
Car(s) involved: 87, 88
Location of Incident: Turns 6-7
Brief Description of Incident:

I'd like to make an appeal of the penalty i was given here. It was a bit of a hopeless blocking manoveur, granted, but nobody in that situation lost more than a second of time. Car 88 could've easily got me at the exit of this turn if he tried to passed me without contact and just aiming for the exit. 88 also tried to push my car out of the racing line when entering the oval just a turn before this happened, would you really expect me to give him room to go past after this kind of contact? If someone bumps in corners like that, it's safe to expect to be bumped in the next turn, which is also why I did brake a bit more excessively and dive on the inside line. I do not want to continue racing like this, though.

There are some small similarities to an incident that has happened before (3 rounds ago, to be precise) that coincidentally also includes a car included in this incident. This was not penalized, nor warned. Sure, it's a completely different braking zone than what we had today, but there is a similarity of swerving, and blocking mid-turn. This went on without a warning, even though there are 4 moves to cut off draft or block the entry into turn (I would deem first 2 moves legal, blocking the right lane 1st time and returning back to the original racing line, but there is still 2 too many after those). I have a clip of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75DJyQYuNyY, you can find this from the Round 2 Feature Race mpr, timecode @ 7:20.

This round 2 incident in particular is one of the reasons why i think giving a drive-through for this was too harsh. I do admit what i did wasn't exactly the best way to deal with the situation in hand, but it certainly could've been worse. Nobody was spun around there, nobody was seriously hurt and racing carried on normally afterwards.

Appeals must follow the appeals process laid out in NDR Sporting Code Article Vi, Section 4.
Quote from dekojester :Car 8 has received a 1-point penalty for both Qualifying and Sprint Race, a total of 2 points, for missing all required skin elements in those sessions.

agree... =)
Quote from dekojester :FEATURE RACE:

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Lap 4, Turns 6-7 between Cars 34, 87, 88, mpr time 8:40.

The Stewards issue a Drive-Through Penalty to Car 87 for Blocking.

Car 87 has submitted an appeal for this penalty, that is currently under review by the Appeals Group.

Quote from BerdyGaming :Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5:Feature Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day: Lap 1;04:05.5
Car(s) involved: Car 48 (myself) and Car 80
Location of Incident: Exit of Turn 7
Brief Description of Incident: On the exit of the turn, I was battling with a car on my right and while being behind, car 80 performed an amazing pit move on me, sending me into the wall.

The Stewards elect to take No Further Action on this.

Quote from jmeade :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Feature Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: Lap 27, MPR 43:05
Car(s) involved: 98 / 81
Location of Incident: Turn 1
Brief Description of Incident: Last lap dive-bomb resulting in contact, resulting in spin, resulting in 4 positions lost

Car 81 - Drive-Through Penalty (converted to 25s penalty post-race) - Causing an avoidable incident.

Quote from Ayoub2016 :Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5) : Sprint Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : Lap 4 "8:38"
Car(s) involved : 25 and 81
Location of Incident : T1
Brief Description of Incident : 81 pushed 25 wide when side by side action between T1 and T2.

Car 81 - Warning - Causing avoidable contact

Quote from Ayoub2016 :Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 5) : Sprint Race, Main Server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : Lap 9 and 10 "16:36" and "18:05"
Car(s) involved : 25 and 39
Location of Incident : T6
Brief Description of Incident : 39 didnt gave any room twice going into T6 while side by side.

Car 39 - Warning - Failure to leave Racing Room to a car with overlap.
The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, investigated Car 03 during qualifying.

Car 03 - Warning - 3rd pit exit despite direct warning from Race Control not to exit the pit lane.
All drivers are reminded of their right to appeal as prescribed in NDR Sporting Code VI.4
This thread is closed

TBO Challenge 2020: Round 5 - Protests and Penalties
(13 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG