The online racing simulator
CONTROLLER FRONT OVERHEAT
(3 posts, started )
Hi everyone,

I've been trying out LFS with a controller, but when configuring it for optimal performance, I can't find the best settings. Let me explain: when I take the corners with my XRT, the steering turns directly to a point where it doesn't turn anymore. No matter how smoothly you turn, it also locks up at that point, so you have to take corners by making small turns with the joystick. This makes that after 2 laps my front tyres overheat and don't turn well, and the performance starts to drop, sliding in every corner. If someone knows how to solve this problem and can attach photos of the settings that I must modify would help me a lot to improve my experience in LFS.

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Ridapo
You can try the following:

Options -> Misc -> Analogue Steer Smooth: 0.95
Options -> Controls -> Wheel turn: 90 degrees
Options -> Controls -> Wheel turn compensation: 1.00

This should give you a very smooth steering input and no jerkiness or full-lock problems with small inputs.

Let me know how you get on.

~ Pete
I used a playstation 3 gamepad for 8 years with LFS which i felt was just right for LFS and used similar settings to those suggested by mbutcher and got very close to WR's on both both oval and blackwood FBM, i used 0.79 on the Analogue Steer Smooth and 0.90 on wheel turn compensation

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG