The online racing simulator
TBO Challenge 2020: Round 4 - Protests and Penalties
Please provide the following in your protest:

Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 4: Pre-Qualifying, Free Practice, Qualifying, Sprint Race, Feature Race Abandoned Start, Feature Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)
Car(s) involved
Location of Incident
Brief Description of Incident

Protests are due by 18:00 UTC on Monday, 16th November 2020

Penalty Log
Pre-Qualifying

Free Practice
Car 20 - 1-point penalty - missing all compulsory skin elements

Qualifying

Sprint Race
Lap 4 - Turn 10 - Cars 39 and 69 - Drive Through to 69 - Moving under braking and contact
Lap 11 - Turn 6/7 - Cars 03, 26, 66 - Warning car 66 - Causing an avoidable contact

Feature Race
Lap 5 - Turn 10-12 - Cars 64 and 88 - Caution to 64 - Causing an avoidable contact
Lap 8 - Turn 8 - cars 23 and 30 - Drive Through to 30 - Causing an avoidable contact
Lap 10 - Turn 2 - Cars 30 and 64 - Drive Through to 30 - Causing an avoidable contact
Lap 9/10 - Home stretch - Car 88 - caution for weaving
Lap 11 - Turn 10-12 - Car 98 - Caution for cutting a chicane and gaining an advatage
Lap 22 - Turn 6 - Cars 88 and 33 - Warning for Car 88 - Causing an avoidable contact
Lap 25 - Turn 3 - Cars 13 and 42 - Warning car 13 - Causing a collision. Car 42 put down the order in final results behind car 13 for not taking any avoiding action.
Counter-Protest
Counter statement(s) foreshadowing any Protests for 88 unless otherwise noted,

For following incidents under
Feature Race; Servers: Main

1) Lap 5, 12:00.00
Car(s) involved : 64, 88
Location of Incident : Final Chicane
Received bump from 64, resulting in missed chicane. Could not pull the car up, but rejoined safely and no time gained (incident should have been resolved during session already iirc)

2) Lap 10, 19:12.30
Car(s) involved : 30, 88, 64
Location of Incident : Turn 1
Car 88 makes defense to cover inside line, car 30 decides to send it anyway - car aforementioned misses braking point, takes 64 out ahead.
My POV : I held my line and in fact swung mildly onto right side to give a bit of room. Car 30 broke way too late by himself, out of my physical control of the scenario.

3) Lap 22, 40:35.49
Car(s) involved : 33, 88, 87
Location of Incident : Before Pif Paf
Car 87 makes passing maneuver, 33 decides to attempt follow-through on risky outside. Runs into side of 88, gets sent off into gravel.
My POV to 33: I was busy dealing with 87, I heard you but you were in my blind spot till I looked right, but you were already there. I would say unfortunate car placement, as it was a marginal move at best; plus you left a lot of room on your right and anyhow, I had the line and corner into Pif Paf. With my car positioning, there was exactly 1 car width from my door to the edge of track (and a bit more on the point of 1st contact). I could not have done anything else as you came out of nowhere into a place where you'd be left to dry any way.

Not protesting any of the above or Adam (cus adam good boi)

Cheers
Session AND SERVER of Incident: Feature Race, Main server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 25, 45:15
Car(s) involved: 42, 13
Location of Incident: Turn 3
Brief Description of Incident: Again same dude can't race clean.
Lap 20; Timecode 37:45.00
Car(s) involved: 88
Location of Incident: School Pit Straight, last chicane
Brief Description of Incident: No hard feelings. 88 slows down after Tarzan to leave a gap to the top3 drivers in order to try to get a jump from the restart. The gap created is way too huge in my opinion and unfair to the drivers behind. See attachment for the moment the leader floors it.
Attached images
lfs_00000295.jpg
Quote from nikopdr :Feature Race; Servers: Main
Brief Description of Incident: No hard feelings. 88 slows down after Tarzan to leave a gap to the top3 drivers in order to try to get a jump from the restart. The gap created is way too huge in my opinion and unfair to the drivers behind. See attachment for the moment the leader floors it.

D:
But yes I didn't see that covered anywhere in the rules, and also rb4 is so chonky on chicane exit I had to try something Frown you still blew past tho, dammit go slower. Anyhow, Good racing!
(also if there was a 10-car length rule or something I think I was still way inside that)
Quote from MicroSpecV :
Received bump from 64, resulting in missed chicane. Could not pull the car up, but rejoined safely and no time gained (incident should have been resolved during session already iirc)

Car 88 makes defense to cover inside line, car 30 decides to send it anyway - car aforementioned misses braking point, takes 64 out ahead.
My POV : I held my line and in fact swung mildly onto right side to give a bit of room. Car 30 broke way too late by himself, out of my physical control of the scenario.

1) Yeah looking back at this, it's a tricky one. I maybe should have broken earlier but to me it looked like you either broke earlier than normal, or harder, causing me to go into the back of you. You didn't make much of an effort to make the corner at all and in the end, gained a small advantage by cutting the course. Seems like a little racing incident to me, original contact was my fault, but it ended in you gaining an advantage.

2) I wouldn't want to put the blame on Joni or Sean here. Joni was making a move on the inside and held his line. Sean moved over quite a lot on Joni, unsettling his car and putting him into a small tank slapper. With the way LFS contact physics work, Joni almost got boosted in the braking zone and sent into my car. I think Joni was punished unfairly for this during the race, it was just a racing incident that unfortunately wiped me out.
Session AND SERVER of Incident: Sprint Race, Main server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 13, 24:30
Car(s) involved: 64, 13
Brief Description of Incident: No hard feelings here either but car 64 misses the apex of turn 3 by quite a lot and pushes car 13 off the track that makes car 13 lose 2 positions (including the position it was fighting for). You can compare it to feature race's lap 3 turn 3 fight between cars 13 and 87 where car 87 stays on his line and leaves space outside as it should.
Quote from MicroSpecV :
For following incidents under

Solved during the race with Caution for car 64

Quote from MicroSpecV :

Solved during the race with DT for car 30 - Causing a collision

Quote from MicroSpecV :
3) Lap 22, 40:35.49
Car(s) involved : 33, 88, 87
Location of Incident : Before Pif Paf
Car 87 makes passing maneuver, 33 decides to attempt follow-through on risky outside. Runs into side of 88, gets sent off into gravel.
My POV to 33: I was busy dealing with 87, I heard you but you were in my blind spot till I looked right, but you were already there. I would say unfortunate car placement, as it was a marginal move at best; plus you left a lot of room on your right and anyhow, I had the line and corner into Pif Paf. With my car positioning, there was exactly 1 car width from my door to the edge of track (and a bit more on the point of 1st contact). I could not have done anything else as you came out of nowhere into a place where you'd be left to dry any way.

We got this noted from the race itself and it was decided that this incident would be solved after the race.

Car 88 - Warning for avoidable contact. Note: Contact effected with a lag

Quote from Botswanan Salama :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Feature Race, Main server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 25, 45:15
Car(s) involved: 42, 13
Brief Description of Incident: Again same dude can't race clean.

Warning car 13 - Causing a collision. Car 42 put down the order in final results behind car 13 for not taking any avoiding action.

Quote from nikopdr :Feature Race; Servers: Main

Stewards decided to take no further action, no penalty.

Quote from Botswanan Salama :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Sprint Race, Main server
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 13, 24:30
Car(s) involved: 64, 13
Brief Description of Incident: No hard feelings here either but car 64 misses the apex of turn 3 by quite a lot and pushes car 13 off the track that makes car 13 lose 2 positions (including the position it was fighting for). You can compare it to feature race's lap 3 turn 3 fight between cars 13 and 87 where car 87 stays on his line and leaves space outside as it should.

Stewards decided to take no further action, racing incident.
Stewards recieved couple of reports during the race from race control.

Sprint race:
Lap 4 - Turn 10 - Cars 39 and 69 - Drive Through to 69 - Moving under braking and contact
Lap 8 - Turn 2 - Cars 69 and 73 - No further action
Lap 11 - Turn 6/7 - Cars 03, 26, 66 - Warning car 66 - Causing an avoidable contact

Feature race
Lap 5 - T8 - cars 23 and 30 - Drive Through penalty for car 30 - Causing an avoidable contact
Lap 10 - Turn 2 - Cars 30 and 64 - Drive Through penalty for car 30 - Causing a collision
Lap 11 - Turn 10-12 - Car 98 - Caution for cutting a chicane and gaining an advatage
This thread is closed

TBO Challenge 2020: Round 4 - Protests and Penalties
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG